The primary responsibilities of the Network Specialist II include providing support for problem resolution for WAN/LAN technologies. Supported technologies will include Cisco WAN/LAN, Avaya Blue (Nortel), Alcatel, Juniper switches, routers, DHCP, ATM, and DNS. This is a front-line 7X24 technical support role including working with customers, other TELUS technical support personnel, and management systems to support problem resolution.
• Support complex WAN/LAN/Legacy PBX incidents for high-profile dedicated clients in a 7X24 Network Operations Centre
• Provides technical and process support to internal departments and/or external customers by:
- responding, resolving, and/or escalating network and/or client issues within the contracted time frame. Proactively engage next-level support teams as appropriate;
- may consult with internal and/or external customers and peers to review outages, remedial changes, customer-caused network issues, etc.
• Participate in planning, coordinating, and implementing project requirements which may involve providing input into the technical design.
• Investigates and considers alternatives to develop innovative solutions for the network infrastructure, network monitoring capabilities, procedures and processes.
• Responsible for delivering service levels as per contractual obligations as detailed in SLA.
• 24/7 scheduling flexibility in a secure in-office environment