Job Title: Senior Business Analyst - updated description
Join our team:
The Consumer Health team focuses on empowering Canadians to take control of their health and the health of their loved ones with the right information, tools and support they need to live healthier and happier lives.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
You will join our high-performing Consumer Health team which covers all facets of the business including, but not limited to, product management, marketing, business enablement, and sales.
We are looking for a passionate and proactive individual to join our team and play an important role in building critical reporting capabilities to generate data-driven business insights for our ever-expanding product portfolio for Canadians! As a Senior Business Analyst, you will have the opportunity to lead data projects like information system integrations, KPI creation, and business analysis to help inform business decisions by the senior leadership team. As an example, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the E2E reporting evolution for our product LivingWell Companion which will involve tight stakeholder collaboration, data/system investigation & management, quality assurance, data privacy & security compliance, process improvement etc. Priorities may be reallocated to different team members based on capacity and need!
You’ll work in a highly collaborative environment which ensures you have strong support from senior team members. You will have the opportunity to directly influence the strategic direction and performance of one of our most important products, sharpen your leadership skills, and engage with diverse & cross-functional teams where you will showcase your flexibility, grit, innovation, and technical skill set in the fast-paced and innovative world of the growing consumer health marketplace!
• Gather business requirements from stakeholders and proactively identify the proper data sources to be used for report creation, data analyses, KPI measurement, target setting, etc.
• Develop and evolve reporting solutions for LivingWell Companion and enable reporting capabilities for all areas of the business including, but not limited to, product performance/operations, mass/channel marketing, agent performance, RGU loading & product churn, etc.
• Integrate data from multiple backend and frontend data sources/systems/platforms (e.g. Oracle, GCP, Tableau, DOMO, ODBC, SAS, etc.)
• Report and monitor KPIs against targets. Proactively identify risks and develop mitigation plans in collaboration with the team to achieve loading and efficiency targets
• Lead special projects, deep dive business analyses/ investigations and perform other ad-hoc analyses as required
• Present insights and recommendations to various stakeholder levels and inform critical business decisions
• Huge need to be flexible and adaptable to pivot as required by leadership to meet critical needs of the business and team. Manual reporting requirements will be required in earlier stages of certain priorities
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle:
1. You have intermediate understanding of how information flows from one system/platform to another and are experienced in integrating data from these disparate systems to create E2E reporting
2. You have extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of identifying requirements and building reporting solutions & system roadmaps in collaboration with key stakeholders
3. You are known for your analytical expertise and data driven approach. You are proficient in connecting the dots between various data sets to drive conclusions
4. You have intermediate to advanced Excel skills. You are proficient in Google Suite. You have strong working knowledge of BI tools such as Domo, Tableau, GCP BigQuery, etc.
5. You have a strategic and innovative mindset with a structured approach to analysis. You have the ability to articulate business rationale to support recommendations
6. You are known for your relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal, and project management skills
7. You see the bigger picture of the problem you are trying to solve and proactively explore new data points from varied sources to complement your analyses
8. You are a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and independently execute projects by defined timelines. You are great at mitigating risks, managing expectations, and negotiating requirements based on business objectives
9. You love to solve ambiguous problems, and have the capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure, yet rewarding business environment
10. You are completely flexible and can pivot to other priorities as determined by leaders
Great to have:
• Experience in the healthcare industry
• Experience in delivering IT system projects to improve reporting capabilities
• University degree (preferably in business) or equivalent