Description of Work:
The Reporting Developer will be responsible for reverse engineering BOBJ Reports and migrating them in GCP and/or Tableau.
- Ability to reverse engineer and decompose BOBJ reports
- Develop replacement BOBJ reports and dashboards in GCP and Tableau
- Communicate directly with other Business Intelligence (BI) team members to confirm requirements and clarify business rules
- Work with end users to ensure migrated BOBJ reports are a suitable replacement.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experienced with BI Portal (Bex Queries, BW, SAP- Bobj )
- Experienced with the universe, BI Dashboards and Reports
- Reporting experience in Tableau, SAS, Pl/SQL, GCP, Big query
- Responsible for documenting modifications of pre-existing development new development for peer reference and knowledge transfer
- Solid technical background and experience in reporting, Business Intelligence
- Banking industry domain knowledge e.g. payments, lending, insurance, wealth management etc.
- Analysis and requirements elicitation - Capturing and validating technical requirements and generating insights
- Develop end-to-end solutions to migrate BOBJ reports to GCP/Tableau and service requests by interfacing with end users to understand business requirements, estimating task-time based on their technical complexity, designing a solution using the best-fitting technology, developing dashboards/data extracts, reports or components to meet these requirements, testing the solutions and validating data against the original data sources.
- Excellent technical and business communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical ideas
- Develop, document and ensure adherence to technical standards and processes
- Proficient in, and contributes to, best development practices using report development methodologies and BI tool
Interpersonal and Leadership Skills:
- Critical thinking & problem solving
- Prioritization & managing expectations
- Relationship and stakeholder management
- Strong verbal communication including facilitation and written communication
- Strong Customer Service Orientation
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Work effectively on cross-functional teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and in team environments
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or clinical related field.
- Experience working with BI/ETL & Reporting tools
- Intermediate to senior (5 - 10 years)