Our National office is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join the IT team. Reporting to the Enterprise Architect, the Cloud Engineer will own the following responsibilities:
· Accountable for the evolution of cloud technologies and responsible for executing the cloud strategy
· Work with Enterprise Architecture, Development Team, and Solutions Delivery Team to plan and deploy enterprise scale cloud applications in Microsoft Azure
· Develop templates for automated deployment, scalability, and security
· Ensure solutions within the cloud environment align with internal security standards and industry best practices
· Provide operational support, continuous updates, and enhancements to existing cloud infrastructure
· Monitor cloud resources to identify and resolve technical issues, reducing overall downtime
· Development and maintain technical and operational documentation of the cloud environment
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as technical, analytical, and problem- solving ability
· Ability to work flexible hours when required
How do we define success for your role?
· You demonstrate core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
· You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; client’s describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
· You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
· You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains and attracts talent
· You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
· You grow your expertise through learning and professional development Your experience and education
· You have a post-secondary degree in Information Technology or related discipline
· You have 2+ years working experience with Azure cloud or equivalent cloud platform.
· You have strong programming skills using PowerShell, Azure CLI, Azure Automation, or Python.
· You have broad knowledge of Microsoft Azure and working experience deploying App Services, Database Services, Storage Accounts, Event Hubs, Key Vault, Synapse, Kubernetes, Virtual Machines, Virtual Networking, and API Management.
· You have working experience with Azure DevOps, building CI/CD pipelines, and a strong understanding of ARM templates or Bicep.
· You have general knowledge and experience in networking, infrastructure, security, windows management, and identity services.
· You have experience with managing Azure Enterprise Agreements, governance with Azure Policy, and cloud cost management.
· Industry certifications in Microsoft Azure is preferred.
· You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of technical and business stakeholders
· You are organized, efficient and good at multi-tasking
· You demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
· You demonstrate ability to present ideas and solutions in business-friendly and user-friendly language
· You are highly self-motivated and self-directed