Job Description: Summary
The Application Support Analyst will be responsible for supporting, troubleshooting and administering integrated applications supported by multiple IT and Engineering groups and maintain applications to provide critical services for multiple lines of business.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Create and maintain technical support documentation (e.g. operational procedures, support procedures, recommendations, progress reports).
• Provide after-hours on call support in line with Shaw Communications Inc. on-call guidelines (24 x 7).
• Perform after hour implementation of code (Deployments to Production environment). -Adhere to ITIL and/or best practices for application release and change management.
• Ensuring that the delivery of new Systems meet current Pre Production, Training and Production needs and requirements.
• Development of Support Tools, code development, and implementation of the final solution.
• Perform Root Cause analysis and work with the Problem Management team to track on-going issues.
• Additional system administration/application support duties as required.
• Working on projects and initiatives as required.
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
• 8+ years’ experience in an Application Support role including on call and deployments/after hours activities.
• A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• Efficient and attentive to detail
• Strong written/verbal communication skills, and organizational proficiency
• Experience with users onboarding and offboarding processes
• Ability to deal with crisis situations (stress management)
• Strong knowledge in Active Directory (users, groups, elevated rights), SSO, Account Access Provision, Access Review
• Experience provisioning accounts for Market Data systems