Description: Brand Illustrator
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
The mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full-stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
We are seeking a Senior Visual Designer with a skill focused on illustration and icon design. This role requires someone who is a self-starter, highly organized and a strong communicator.
This is a one-year contract position.
- Create world-class digital experiences by:
- Defining and standardizing reusable illustration and, icons
- Evangelizing processes that promote collaboration, feedback, and training
- Advocating for accessibility standards and inclusive design principles
- Creating clean, consistent, and beautiful illustrations/graphics that reflect the brand
- Ability to work with multiple styles of illustrations
Actively solve problems by:
- Breaking design challenges down into viable actionable chunks and solving them with clarity and precision
- Engaging in the lean development life-cycle from discovery to testing, release and maintenance
Working cross-functionally across teams to:
- Establish, build, and maintain a comprehensive library of illustrations & icons
- Craft and maintain documentation and guidance on illustration and its context
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Mastery and passion for design
- You have experience with infographics, editorial illustrations, icons, app icons, spot illustrations, and data visualizations
- You have a strong portfolio demonstrating the ability to interpret and apply digital and visual design principles
- You have excellent interaction and visual design skills, with an eye for detail around typography, visual hierarchy, layout, and brand systems
- You’re able to recognize, predict and incorporate a range of use-cases from the happy path to edge cases in your designs
- You’re passionate about modern design practices and methodologies, but flexible enough to think outside the box when required
- Expert knowledge of industry best practices and use of tools
- You’re comfortable using Adobe Illustrator and Creative Suite, Figma, Google Suite, Miro or any other whiteboarding tools
- You’re well-versed in lean digital product development lifecycles in a highly-collaborative, agile environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- You’re able to communicate design rationale and build consensus
- You’re a self-motivated team player who thrives on collaborating with cross-functional teams
- You’re an expert with time management and organizational skills and have the flexibility to handle a rapidly changing environment while delivering high-quality results
Must to have skills:
1. Portfolio Link for reference
2. 3-5+ years in UI (i.e. icons, responsive design, resolution scaling), Design Systems and Visual Design
3. Experience working in branding and/or branding strategy
4. Experience in illustration and storytelling on a mobile or web space
5. Familiar with Figma, Adobe Illustrator and Creative Suite
Nice to have skills:
1. Experience working in an agency or large corporate environment
2. Experience working in an Agile environment with an understanding of project lifecycle
3. Comfortable with presentations
- Identifying key findings and new insights into issues and examining issues from different angles
- Ability to use multiple sources of information to identify if a problem is a design problem or related to larger enterprise/business issues