We are searching for an additional Project Manager to join our new Programs function which supports our client's Customer Network Implementation (CNI) business unit. We invest in networks to help connect BC and Alberta residents and businesses to the internet.
Our Programs function helps govern, lead and support CNI’s most important, future-oriented initiatives such as:
Pioneering new methods to build and market to rural customers
Executing on longer-term, significant operations advancements
Bridging strategic initiatives that span across multiple functions other business units.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As part of this role, you will own a portfolio of government funded Rural and Indigenous communities including schedule and capital management enabling homes / businesses with PureFibre, which includes:
- Reporting on build progress,
- Working with and influencing internal and external stakeholders to execute on deliverables,
- Identifying and mitigating risks to achieve monthly targets
- Ensure all project cost are tracked accurately and in a timely manner
- Own the Capital Gating process to ensure communities are appropriately funded to support build continuity
- Analyze data, summarize and track information, and create reports and presentations
- Analysis and reporting of project data inclusive of, capital, premises and risk evaluation data inputs and outputs
Team size and environment: Our team of 8 professionals, working for the broader Customer Network Implementation team, delivering a world-class customer experience by expanding our fibre-optic infrastructure directly to homes and businesses across British Columbia and Alberta. This is a highly motivated group of individuals working remotely through COVID, and has a great culture of grit, fun and performance.
Must have skills:
- Detailed and mastery knowledge of SAP and reporting on telecommunications network builds
- Strong project telecom based management methods, principles and practices; a demonstrated ability to execute on complex projects, to ensure project timelines are met and deliverables are realized or exceeded
- Experience working in submitting claims to federal or provincial subsidy programs or similar type processes with respect to network builds or capital projects
Nice to have skills:
- Proven track record of delivering functional / operational results (not just developing processes or systems). Your experience should include management of scope, schedule, costs and risks.
- Structured program management: Delivery of new capabilities in recognizable sprints or iterations which advanced a strategic roadmap of improvements, new opportunities and process fixes.
- Relationship building skills, including the ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.