Are you a passionate network engineering and DevOps expert who wants to own critical technology evolution programs at CLIENT and fuel innovation for our customers?
Join our team!
You will work with a team of engineers to architect and build real-world Software Defined Networking (SDN) applications that simplify our network infrastructure footprint and operational capabilities. By way of example, CLIENT recognizes that 75% of Canadian businesses are digitally transforming, and is leading the way to transform our networks to meet their needs and growing operational complexity.
Our Network as a Service (NaaS) solution provides businesses with a simpler way to manage and secure their networks so they can connect their team members and serve their customers better.
CLIENT’ NaaS solution can help companies quickly get a business network fully operational.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
In this role, you will be part of our NaaS team, and will own projects to transform how we deliver services to our customers in the Software-Defined WAN domain. You’ll be helping us build, deliver and manage next generation NaaS solutions for well into the future, so if you’re someone who can foresee trends in automated software defined networking and translate theoretical possibilities and capabilities into practical implementations for our customers, that’s a win-win. This is one of the most important technology roles at CLIENT today and we’re looking for a highly driven and motivated engineer who is well-versed in all aspects of the service life cycle from design and development to operational readiness. You will design and write software to enable highly reliable, secure and scalable network virtualization solutions.
Do you have a deep understanding of network topologies as well as extensive experience in network provisioning and assurance? Ready to bring your top notch DevOps expertise to the table? Always wanted to work with a team of technology innovators and be part of a culture that embraces creativity, collaboration and career development?
If so, CLIENT’ Technology Strategy team awaits you
• By mentoring team members and driving a high performance and highly engaged culture
• By collaborating with subject matter experts in an “agile” environment to drive the right design and implementation of operational capabilities and tools required to manage the evolution of CLIENT NaaS SDN solutions
• By applying your knowledge of quality assurance to ensure we deliver best-in-class services
• By participating in the development of the annual IP lifecycle management and development plans
• By developing harmonized (inter and intra) regional plans and budgets
• By supporting the end-to-end systems engineering, requirements and user story development to deliver operational automation capabilities for CLIENT’ NaaS services and infrastructure
• By developing solutions and operational practices for SDN-based Infrastructure and Services including Fault Management, Change Management, Software Regression, Failover, Disaster Recovery, High-Availability, Geo-Redundancy, VNF Capacity Management and Proactive Fault isolation
• By improving reliability through establishing Best Common Practices and developing and monitoring key performance metrics for network and value-added services (virtual network function applications), such as LAN, Wi-Fi, Security and VoIP
• By providing assessment of operational and development workload impact due to User Stories and Reliability requirements
You are the missing piece of the puzzle:
• Expert level knowledge of networking (BGP, OSPF, VRRP, QoS, ACL, MPLS, TCP/IP, and Spanning-tree)
• Advanced knowledge in troubleshooting L2 and L3 routing and switching issues
• Working knowledge of Linux (Red Hat Enterprise/CentOS)
• Working knowledge of operational support systems/tools (SNMP, tcpdump, iptables, iperf)
• Working knowledge of Cryptography and AAA security Solutions such IPSec, PKI Architecture
· Practical experience on IP/MPLS L3VPN, Routing, OSPF, BGP, IPv4, IPv4Multicast and IPv6 protocols and services is required.
· Deep understanding of QoS solution, testing and design practices
• Good knowledge of Cloud/Virtualization/Hypervisor Platforms (ESXi and KVM)
• Knowledge of SDN technologies (Openflow, Open vSwitch, NETCONF, XMPP) and SDN Controllers such as ONOS, OpenDaylight
• Knowledge in Rest API, XML, Jason, Perl, Java or Python, Shell or TCL script
• Knowledge of Cisco IOS/XR, Juniper JunOS, Alcatel TiMOS
• Familiarity with access technologies such as LTE, HSPA, ADSL2+/VDSL/GPON
• Experience of Cloud Orchestration solutions for x86 compute/network/storage systems such OpenStack, and VMWare are desired
• Working knowledge of Data Center automation and cloud technologies and vNF management is a plus
• Experience on Bare-Metal switches and servers as well as OEM Certification are a plus
• Other preferred experiences include F5 load balancer, Palo Alto firewall, Riverbed
• Experience of SQL database, Hadoop, Puppet, Heat, Chef are desired
• Experience of Ixia or Spirent tester is desired
• Research emerging industry trends & develop technology strategy and roadmaps and lead PoCs
• Support the end-to-end systems engineering, requirements and user story development to deliver operational automation capabilities for CLIENT NaaS services and infrastructure
• Develop solutions and operational practices for SDN based Infrastructure and Services including Fault Management, Change Managed, Software Regression, Failover, Disaster Recovery, High-Availability, Geo-Redundancy, VNF Capacity Management, Proactive Fault isolation
• Establish PKI metrics, SLAs and operational processes to achieve the needed service reliability and availability
• Improve reliability through establishing Best Common Practices and the Monitoring of key performance metrics
• Provide assessment of operational and development workload impact due to User Stories and Reliability requirements
• As a subject matter experts (SMEs) work in an “agile” environment to drive the right design and implementation of operational capabilities and tools required to manage the evolution of CLIENT NaaS SDN solutions
• Plan and define performance requirements for Network Services as well as Value added services (VNF applications) such as LAN, Wifi, Security, VoIP
• Development of IP and API Programmable network services based on SDN Controller and
• Evaluation and selection of new technology to meet defined requirements
• Support feasibility studies and cost assessment of new service and architecture and/or solution operational readiness
• Staying abreast of industry trends in architecture and technologies
• Providing regular project updates
• Present learning's and results to peer groups, architects and director stakeholders
• Test and evaluate leading edge IP network architectures for the delivery of broadband services
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to write clear and detailed technical documentation
• Ability to write and execute detailed test plans
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Able to present solution to peers and executives
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• P. Engineering, Bachelor Degree, Master of Engineering/Science, or Ph.D in fields of Communication, Software Design, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
• CCIE or JNCIE or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years working with complex IP networks and/or Network Programming
Job Description for NaaS DevOps:
· Be proficient in customer relation and able to establish strong customer rapport,
· ideally bilingual in French,
· 5-years of Design, Implementation and Tier 1-3 Assurance experience in Service Provider Managed L3VPN and L2VPN MPLS Managed Business Services
· Proficient in Service Provider BSS and OSS Systems, including Fault Management, Billing, SalesForce/Vlocity, Reporting Tools
· Analyze and interpret customer's situation to respond to and make recommendations related to basic service, trouble tickets, order and billing inquiries.
· Initiate outbound calls to customer to investigate network and system generated Trouble Tickets
· Assist CLIENT field technician to follow Network Services Installation MOPs
· Assist CLIENT field technician to complete L3VPN/L2VPN Managed Business Services Test and Acceptance procedure and documentation
· Linking network fault tickets and customer Trouble Tickets across various Fault Management system such as REMEDY
· Compile Test Cases to verify automated Service Activation between BSS and Network NMS/EMS systems via API Calls
· Perform service config/activation tasks via the service configuration portal and perform MACD activities
· Based on business requirement it can operate 8/5 an specific time zone, or 8/5 across all time zones or 24/7.
· Triage the issue and direct and/or open tickets to respective backend support BSS/OSS team if applicable
· Strong hands-on knowledge of Service Provider Routing, Switching, LTE, GPON, xDSL, QoS, OSPF, BGP, IPv4, IPv4 Multicast and IPv6