You’ll be a key player on a team at the center of a project transforming a country-wide software system used by a major program within Canada’s biggest retail company. Bring your fast-thinking, high communication approach to our team, and you’ll be accelerated and upskilled through in-depth training on cloud platforms, with a focus on doing things right: clean code, integrated commits, accountability for code reviews, API design patterns, and cloud-native architecture patterns.
This role will also play a key part in ramping up our software delivery velocity by leveraging the latest microservices development patterns using containers and DevOps.
- Working collaboratively with our agile team in project planning and solution proposals.
- Architecting, designing, and developing creative new features.
- Translating designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code.
- Working with data structures, algorithms, and system design.
- Identifying and diagnosing deficiencies related to systems, coding and infrastructure, and recommending creative solutions for mitigation.
- Sustaining our high quality code by using version control with GIT (both local and using cloud-based platforms like Bitbucket) and maintaining in-depth system documentation.
- Working with Package Managers like Yarn and NPM, Maven.
Hands on experience with software engineering, computer science, computer engineering or related technical field
An understanding of development on distributed systems operating at scale
- API creation and RESTful services
- Creating data models
- Relational and NoSQL database experience (MySQL, Oracle, DB2, etc)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with server-side languages, specifically Java 8+
- Knowledge and experience with server-side frameworks including Spring Boot