We believe that technology plays a key role in optimizing and evolving healthcare delivery. TELUS Health's clinical solutions and services team helps more than 70,000 clinicians access the information they need to provide safe and optimal care to the population.
Join our team to build the care of tomorrow.
You are the person we are looking for if you are passionate about digital health technologies, if you have proven execution, if you demonstrate flexibility and a sense of initiative, and if you succeed in a constantly changing environment. .
The incumbent provides analysis, quality and operational support surrounding the operation of the OACIS computerized clinical record (DCI) and any other clinical-administrative system.
The incumbent assumes part or all of the responsibilities for the following areas of activity:
o Analyze, document and resolve anomalies related to the OACIS DCI.
o Proactively propose possible solutions to recurring problems and anomalies.
o Follow up on product support anomalies with the TELUS support team.
o Assist institutions in resolving rejections of HL7 messages.
o Provide functional support to local clinical experts.
o Provide assistance to the regional teams of the establishments during changes applied to the infrastructure or other applications and integration (Regional interface engine, etc.)
o Manage the relationship with the establishments and escalate to the establishments in the event of issues.
o Develop and write the necessary technical documentation regarding changes and corrections of anomalies
o Validate and deploy hotfixes after approval by the establishment.
o Make minor changes to configuration items.
o Write and update system documentation including user manuals and technical manuals.
o Translate user or system requirements and data into functional technical specifications.
o Perform any other task required as part of the support of the DCI OACIS.
Place of work: Montreal
• Experience supporting complex systems in production
• Relevant experience in different operating systems (Unix or Linux and Windows).
• Relevant experience in database management software (SQL language, Oracle, Sybase etc.).
• Knowledge of HL7 and XML standards considered a great asset.
• Knowledge of networking (LAN, TCP/IP protocol, etc.).
• Ability to use a service request management system (JIRA, C2, Dynamics, etc.)
• Knowledge of validation and development processes.
• Health experience involving an ICD and/or any other clinical-administrative system
Skills and Competencies Required:
o Possess a strong sense of responsibility.
o Demonstrate a spirit of analysis and synthesis.
o Have a great sense of organization and planning to assign priorities to multiple and competing tasks with tight deadlines.
o Demonstrate autonomy, a logical mind and a great capacity for adaptation.
o Have the ability to work in a team and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships.
o Have the ability to quickly understand the needs of users and partners.
o Bilingual (French and English).
o Mastery of spoken and written French and good customer-oriented communication.
o Demonstrate initiative, leadership, autonomy, know-how and interpersonal skills.
Certifications and professional titles required:
• College diploma (DEC) or 1st cycle university degree in computer science, management information technology or any other university training relevant to the position.
• 3 years of experience in health informatics or any other clinical-administrative system
Must to have skills:
• Bilinguisme (français et anglais) requis // Bilingualism (French and English) required
• Needs to be double vaccinated (or what is mandated by the provincial government in order to work in healthcare establishments)
• Connaître et comprendre les exigences et les processus liés à la mise en œuvre des systèmes cliniques // Know and understand the requirements and processes related to the implementation of clinical systems
• Bonne compréhension de l'environnement des soins de santé, de la pratique médicale, des processus cliniques et commerciaux, particulièrement au Québec // Good understanding of the healthcare environment, medical practice, clinical and business processes, particularly in Quebec
• Solide connaissance pratique des principes et des techniques de gestion et exécution de projet // Strong working knowledge of project management and execution principles and techniques
• Capacité d'identifier et de mettre en œuvre de manière proactive des stratégies de communication, d'atténuation des risques et de résolution de problèmes pour assurer le succès du projet // Ability to proactively identify and implement communication, risk mitigation and problem solving strategies to ensure project success
• Connaissance du processus de mise en œuvre des logiciels // Knowledge of software implementation process (LAN, TCP/IP protocol, etc.). and service request management system (JIRA, C2, Dynamics, etc.)
• Adaptabilité et flexibilité face au changement// Adaptability and flexibility to change
Good to haves:
• Expérience en tant que gestionnaire ou chef d'équipe // Experience as a manager or team leader
• Diplôme universitaire dans un domaine affilié à la santé // University degree in a field related to health