The Field Inspector works diligently with a delivery management group to help construct and inspect Rogers’ FTTH networks in Service Expansion areas. They are responsible for the inspection and qualification of construction standards and to promote the growth of the network.
The successful candidates must be able to identify technical problems, understand designs and assist in contractor performance as well as oversee quality control. There will be a level of collaboration with customers, vendors, and Roger’s personnel on a regular basis.
- Track and report progress from field construction.
- Liaison between D&B vendor and Delivery Manager.
- Assisting with addressing and tracking deficiencies.
- Contribute to the network plan and design to optimize build opportunities.
- Work with cross functional teams to evaluate feasibility of concept and completion.
- Be highly adaptive to work on various field tasks assigned by the manager.
- Stay on top of the latest telecom technology’s, fast learning and self learning are crucial.
- Provide world class customer service when engaging with the customer.
- Listen to customers, analyze their needs, and offer adapted solutions.
- Take accountability to follow up issues from beginning to end.
- Requires a level of knowledge, skills, and competencies in support of the roles and responsibilities assigned.
- Provide regular project status reports.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- 80% travel, 20% office.
- Responds to escalations as directed by manager.
- Any additional tasks to support the Service Expansion program.
- Prior telecom experience.
- Knowledge of the design and operation of a fiber optic network is an asset.
- Proficient at reading and analyzing CAD drawings, standards, construction plans and fiber optic splice logs.
- Ability to use Outlook, Excel, and general computer skills.
- Quick learning and effective researching skills are a must.
- Knowledge on various telecommunication standards.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, ability to drive and to close the discussion with multi-functional groups.
- Valid driver’s license.
NICE TO HAVE:
Knowledge of the design and operation of a fiber optic network is an asset.