Wireless Field Operations Specialist - Job Description
▪ Responsible for UTRAN network related to backhaul, Macro, Small Cell and Indoor Sites / equipment and pLTE.
▪ Accountable to achieve company SLA and KPI targets.
▪ Site acceptance and testing from internal/external (vendor) service provider (new or upgrade/downgrade).
▪ Transport site acceptance and testing from internal/external service provider (new or
upgrade/downgrade) including RFC testing.
▪ Preventive Maintenance (PM) routine of Access and Transport nodes on the field including battery, call
test, Nodes, microwave measurements, safety audit, LOS verification and site housekeeping
▪ Responsible for site safety, performing site safety audits and maintenance.
▪ Troubleshoot and restore field Access and Transport service issues including
▪ Replacing field Access and Transport faulty parts and engaging rigging crew when required.
▪ Execute Transport WO including parameter and configuration changes (preparing transmission for new
▪ Manage field warehouse and warehousing including RMA on faulty parts.
▪ Participate in on-call scheduling and emergency staff augmentation and extended hours (overtime).
▪ Field work includes working in heights such as rooftop, remote areas, and night work.
▪ Working on ground equipment underneath towers (no climbing required or allowed beyond 10 feet).
▪ Participate in special projects like MW swap, Access lay-over, SW upgrade, Battery upgrade, and others.
▪ Attend group meetings and collaboration with other groups.
▪ Participate in skill and knowledge upgrade (in-house/vendor).
▪ Ability to work in indoor / outdoor environments that can be physically demanding and withstand varied
inclement weather conditions. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and
arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear in both indoor and outdoor
▪ Knowledgeable in LTE network acceptance, testing and maintenance. Experience with Nokia LTE is an asset.
▪ Graduate of a recognized telecommunications institution as a Telecommunications Systems Technician,
Engineering, or equivalent
▪ Familiarity with test equipment and tools (BERT, spectrum analyzer, fiber optic tools, etc…
▪ Experience with Ethernet/IP routing & switching, DC power plants, microwave radio, etc…
▪ Valid driver’s license
▪ Criminal record clearance
Electrical Safety Awareness
Safety & Health
TDG (transporting dangerous goods)
Lockout (working alone)
Working at heaights.