As a Security Architect, you are required to be a self-directed, astute security professional supporting project and operational teams in their efforts to implement secured solutions and products. You will be involved in planning, design, implementation and operational transition of security technologies and solutions that introduce new and extended security capabilities across the organization. This role reports to the Manager, Security Architecture.
A typical day
As a Security Architect, you will
• Perform security architecture reviews and consulting on solutions across the enterprise. Work with solution architects to provide security architecture solutioning.
• Participate in the design and delivery of infrastructure projects consisting of new security solutions and technological upgrades for a wide range of business needs.
• Develop roadmaps, blueprints, standards, and strategic architecture to ensure security solutions meet current and future needs/ requirements of the business.
• Provide Security Architecture designs and oversight for systems and projects and define solution level Security Architecture such as IAM, Cloud Security, Network Security solution, Endpoint Security solutions etc.
• Build and maintain relationships with people at various levels to communicate security values to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Perform security threat modelling for products and platforms.
• Produce documentation of Security architecture artifacts, including diagrams, flow diagrams and guardrails to assist operational teams.
Your team and most of the operational and project teams are within the Shaw Barlow campus or in Calgary NE.
• Over 7 years of cyber security experience, including over 3 years in a security architecture role, or similar
• One or more certification in the following areas (or equivalent) would be considered an asset: CISSP, CISM, ISSAP, CRISC, SABSA, CCSP
• Familiarity with one or more of the following security architecture standards is an asset: SABSA, TOGAF, NIST, ISO 27002
• Ability to assess and document detailed Security Architectural Designs and other relevant architectural artifacts.
• Experience working in an enterprise with diverse organizations, teams, practices, and technologies.
• Have strong analytical skills and deep security subject matter expertise across various platforms including non-security focused technologies.
• Experience building and maintaining Security documentation packages.
• Demonstrated experience in designing architectures to meet security and compliance requirements.
• Experience in public cloud security architecture including AWS and Azure.
• Strong platform knowledge within the security environment which include implementation, capacity planning, and systems integration.
• Diverse understanding of security architecture and design best practices, processes, and concepts
• Hands on experience and aptitude with diverse security technologies.
• Experience presenting Security technical and compliance material to both technical and non-technical audience.
• Working knowledge of common and industry standard modern authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc.)
• Working knowledge of APIs best practices and orchestration for cloud-based services