The Scrum Master will be responsible for help guide teams in their journey of self-organization through observation-feedback loops, questioning and facilitation.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Lead scrum teams in using Agile methodology and scrum practices. Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups. Coach team members in Agile frameworks
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
- Helping the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments
- Help the scrum and development teams to identify and fill in blanks in the Agile framework
- Help ensure changes are implemented effectively.
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur
- Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity
- Support the product owner and provide education where needed
- Champion the development and optimized use of agile tools to enable co-located and geographically dispersed teams
- Remove impediments and lead escalations along with recommended approaches to leadership
Nice to Haves:
- Excellent knowledge of the scrum framework, with all its artifacts and techniques.
- Background in software development.
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum
- Experience with successful Agile techniques
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
- 8+ years’ experience working as a Project or Program Manager with exposure to delivering information technology projects within a gated process
- Post-secondary education in a business or technical field is considered an asset.
- Experience working in a Telecommunications organization is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of Agile as a practice and DevOps fundamentals.
- Scrum Master certification is preferred.
- Professional certifications in SAFe, ITIL, PMI, or IIBA certifications are considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow or cloud platform development in a complex environment is considered an asset.