Start date: January 24, 2022
End date: January 23, 2023 (@ 7.0 hours/day) – 12 month duration
Job Location: Halifax (Onsite) or Remote option available.
THE DELIVERABLES - Job Description
The Change Manager is involved in change management planning, implementation and support
on multiple IT strategic projects under the direction of multiple Project Managers. The Change
Manager will work with project teams and business stakeholders to actively plan, schedule and
deliver change according to the project scope, schedule and approved project deliverables. The
role and responsibilities include the following:
1. Prepare a Change Management (CM) Plan for each project, while protecting or keeping
private any sensitive or confidential information.
2. Manage the delivery of each planned change management activity.
3. Plan, prepare and lead planned project change management communications.
4. In collaboration with the Project Manager, ensure all planned change management
activities are included in the overall project schedule.
5. Lead and facilitate change management meetings and activities with project team
members and business stakeholders related to changing business processes and
6. Throughout the project, develop change strategies involving stakeholder assessments,
enable leadership alignment through facilitated change activities and communications,
establish business readiness and ensure organizational transition to new products,
services, processes, and practices for the proposed changes.
7. Support business stakeholders in the adoption changes resulting from the implementation
of the products, services, processes, and practices of project(s).
8. Drive adoption and proficiency associated with transformation projects, applying
structured methodology and industry best practices.
9. Develop end-user training needs assessment and provide training material input.
10. Develop, monitor and report on short and long-term change management goals, key
performance indicators (KPIs), and objectives.
11. Collaborate with other Change Managers to ensure consistency in change management
activities and approaches across the utility.
12. Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications per the RFP
The Change Manager should have the following education, experience and qualifications:
· Post-secondary diploma or degree in the area of Information Technology, Business Administration, Engineering or a field related to change management.
· A Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP) credential from the Association for Change Management Professionals (ACMP), or a similar industry-recognized certification.
· Hands on experience with the following is preferred:
· 3 years’ Experience leading change initiatives as a Change Manager.
· Experience executing change management activities on project(s).
· Experience working as part of a project team and collaborating with a Project Manager.
· Experience working effectively with all levels in an organization from executive and senior leadership teams to front-line staff to influence adaptation of change management methods and the products of programs and projects.
· Experience engaging a diverse stakeholder group, conducting assessments and delivering Change Management Plans along with recommended change activities and target KPI’s to measure change performance and effectiveness.
· Experience developing and conducting interviews, focus groups, stakeholder engagements, and presentations.
· Experience with Halifax public utility would be considered an asset.