We are hiring a Product Designer to help us design and build EngageFront, a web-based dashboard for mobile advertising.
Why We Need You:
You will play in important role in our agile, product-focused team. You will be helping us define a design language and long-term design vision for EngageFront, and then working with product managers and developers to break it down into small, actionable milestones. We work in 2-week sprints and are constantly to shipping new features to end users.
You must demonstrate an eye for visual and product design, empathy for users, as well as a strong ability to communicate visually. You should understand software engineering best practices as well as design fundamentals.
Your job is to turn a great app into an amazing app.
What's The Day to Day Look Like...
- Actively identify design problems and propose solutions and alternatives
- Taking product ideas and translate them into tangible wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Help gather, organize and prioritize user feedback and requirements
- Visualize workflows, and communicate concepts and use cases to developers
- Mob/pair program with developers as necessary to assist and consult on builds
- Help define a ‘look and feel’ / visual design language for our app, and enforce UI standards
- Make and communicate tough design decisions to developers and stakeholders Ensure that design elements are developed as intended and reproduced accurately across modern browsers
- Validate design ideas successfully create user value Research and implement industry best practices in UI/UX
Qualifications (Must Haves):
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in UI/UX / Interaction / Visual Design
- Experience working on large-scale or in-production B2B / SaaS products
- Experience working in agile teams, directly with developers
- Excellent visual/UI/UX and written communication skills; portfolio demonstrating past work
- Educational background in design or web development
- Strong foundations in design theory, as well as a keen sense of current design trends
- Fluency in design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, InVision, Adobe XD, or equivalent)Solid understanding of HTML/CSS/JS capabilities and limitations; comfortable jumping into CSS or React/JSX to tweak styling yourself
- A supernatural power that turns complicated concepts into mind-bogglingly simple UIs
It's Not Necessary But It Would Be Great If You Had...
- Experience in the ad tech industry
- Experience working on complex dashboards and data visualization
- Experience building and maintaining a UI component library
- Experience with version control software (Git / GitHub) and continuous integration in team environments
The Ideal Candidate...
- Is creative and thinks outside the box, but favours the practical and actionable
- Aims high and has a strong vision for the future, but more importantly, can see the path to get there — how do we make big changes but in small, iterative rollouts?
- Takes risks and relentlessly champions new ideas, but is open to feedback and constructive criticism
- Is self-motivated and responsible, sees tasks through to completion, and holds a high standards for others as well
- Has immaculate attention to detail: every button should have proper hover states, active states, loading states, and even error states, but understands the importance of iteration, speed and deadlines.
- Is committed learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge. We expect you to keep up with the latest trends and best practices, and share your knowledge with the rest of the team.