Job Description: Job Description
Career Opportunity: Senior Specialist - Network Quality Access
The Network Quality Sr Specialist is responsible for the analysis, Performance Monitoring, Troubleshooting of RF problems towards enhancement of wireless telecommunications networks. Responsibilities include analysis of LTE & 3G layers, coverage and capacity including traffic and worst cells analysis, Handling Customer Complaints, Using Probes & Trace viewer for analysis.
A day in the life:
• Performance Monitoring & Analyzing Network Daily Dashboard.
• Preparing regular KPIs for Worst performing Cells, able to troubleshoot RF problems through network KPIs
• Preparing daily RNC/Market reports that reflects HW/SW performance for VoLTE/LTE & 3G.
• RF cluster Audit for redesign purposes and quality improvement.
• LTE and VoLTE Cluster Tuning and pre & Post launch optimization recommendations.
• Work on VIP & Sales Escalation to provide resolution by involving other departments where required.
• Using Probing system application (ISA/Geolocation) & Trace viewer tools to facilitate complaints investigation.
• Provide SSV & Cluster reports for further Market Tuning recommendation.
• Preparing regular voice & Data quality Benchmarking campaigns reports highlighting the weaknesses and strengths of each carrier involved
• Recommendation techniques (proper antenna selection for optimal horizontal/vertical performance, mechanical/electrical tilting, appropriate transmit power setting, antenna clearance, neighbor list analysis, etc.) for optimal site/cluster performance
• Generate related reports in Excel, Access, SQL as require.
• Analyze the collected data and troubleshooting the problems in the network, IRAT, CSFB, IFHO & SRVCC tuning strategies.
• Performing all kinds of network assurance after any modification implemented in network from field through drive test & post processing and from OSS using network KPIs before & after action
• Recommend features that will improve network performance/capacity with field trial reports.
• Assist Freedom team in building user defined LTE KPIs and reports on Performance Management Tool.
• LTE Traffic and Capacity long and short term dimensioning for Probing & Network Quality Tools.
• Propose effective solutions for short term capacity problems for both LTE & 3G.
Required Skills & Abilities
• Good communications and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated creative thinking and influence ability
• Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
• 7+ years of experience in Network performance monitoring and Optimization tuning (3G+LTE).
• Bachelors in Telecommunication/Wireless Engineering from a reputable university.
• Solid experience in GSM/UMTS/HSPA+/LTE and good knowledge of 5G Network Performance & RF Optimization.
• Experience with Nokia WCDMA and LTE features and software.
• Excellent using regular RF tools such as drive test tools, post processing, Benchmarking tools, such as ActixOne, Xceed, TEMS, Nemo, SwissQual & MapInfo.
• Familiar with voice quality standards and its evolution such as PESQ, MOS, POLQA.
• Excellent knowledge in vendor’s equipment and tools (Nokia)
• Project management of internal and external resources
• Excellent knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office and SQL DB.
• Experience with Network Probing Tools (Tektronix/Netscount,Astellia,Viavi(ariesoGEO), Traffica/Nokia).
• Flexibility & Adaptability: Ready to work under stress, and to be on call for urgent issues related to network Quality