Job Description: Summary
The Technical Writer will take complex technical information and synthesize it into easy to understand documentation. The Technical Writer will have the ability to communicate to audiences with a variety of technical backgrounds, both internal employees and external customers.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Produce manuals, support site articles, software update notifications
• Research and implement a content management system
• Create trouble shooting and how-to content for customer care technical support
• Internal company wide communications about corporate events
• Document management, editing, and proofreading
• Conduct interviews with subject matter experts and research material for various operational projects.
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
• 4-7 years’ experience in a technical writing capacity
• Diploma or degree in related field (Technical writing, information design, communications etc.)
• Experience with document management tools (Madcap Flare or equivalent)
• Excellent written presentation skills (InDesign, Word, Google Docs, PowerPoint)
• Graphic design and illustration skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• Web publishing skills (WordPress, Hupspot or equivalent)