This role will report to the Xerox National Creative Lead supporting Marsh & McLennan in Canada.
Marsh Canada is a PC based client with the majority of the work produced using corporate templates in various Microsoft programs. This is not a creative role. Our primary focus is Desktop Publishing, layout, text formatting and brand management. The ability to build client relationships and a focus on superior customer service is a key requirement of all applicants. Applicant needs to be professional, energetic and able manage numerous demands nationally.
Only looking for applicants who are seeking a long term position.
Experience in a corporate environment and using Word and PPT to create and format documents is required.
Experience in Adobe Suite, including Acrobat Pro is a must.
* Establish and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
* Gather client requirements for all document design and printing projects
* Completing design projects independently with minimal guidance
* Advise clients on the best use of media
* Maintain strong relationships with clients
* Provide alternative visual and composition ideas to client
* Create or modify digital documents using office, desktop publishing and web page design software - using various platforms
* Adapt existing graphic elements with newly created graphics to complete graphic/digital projects
* Educate the client and Account Associates on designing, preparing and producing quality color documents
* Maintain file management
* Learn optimal qualities and configurations of Printing Technology for jobs specific to the equipment
* Remain fluent in current industry software (i.e. Quark, Illustrator, Photoshop, Web Publishing, Freehand, etc.) and graphic trends
* Work with print production staff to ensure hand-off design to production is efficient and error free
* Provides consultation to customers to determine nature and content of designs
* Estimate costs of materials and time to complete graphic design
* Develop a concept from clear but broadly defined customer input
* Develop graphic elements that meet customer�s objective
* Prepare layouts and graphic elements of the subjects to be rendered
* Able to scan full colour images and accurately judge colour output on a variety of devices
* Use existing photo and illustration into design
* Coordinate all aspects of print productions for print or electronic materials
* Complete all pre-flight requirements as needed
* Use customer feedback to improve performance graphics services at the site
* Demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, latest software applications and can articulate benefit to customer
* Listen, understand and communicate effectively
* Able to work with minimal supervision
* Understand digital colour environment and requirements, able to prepress files in this environment
* Understand colour issues as it relates to offset and digital colour printing
* Ability to comprehend and translate customer requests to job requirements
* Ability to work with others in a team environment
* Creative and design on small projects with some supervision
* Work in multidisciplinary environment
* Provides graphic and digital document design services from concept to design to print management seeking guidance when required
* Working knowledge of multimedia software (i.e. Director)
2 to 4 yearS graphic design/fine arts diploma/degree from recognized institution or post-secondary PC; Mac technology or graphics training or equivalent work experience in the graphics industry experience
In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with graphics design; desktop publishing and web page design software; digital colour preflight and prepress workflow competency. Creative talent as evidenced by a portfolio of completed work. Build and maintain relationships with customers and identify areas where relationships need to be built to increase use of design services. -