Role: Radio Access Network (RAN) Performance Engineer
RF performance engineer to optimize the radio access network (RAN) as we build out our next generation 5G network. Experience with Huawei or Samsung equipment, leveraging Radio Frequency 4G/5G concepts and data analytics to optimize the customer experience.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
In our team, you'll ensure our customers' wireless experience continuously improves. Your "think outside of the box" and innovation will help shape our Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that we use to govern our customers' wireless experience. Also, your data science and automation mindset will provide inputs to our tools team to improve the quality and efficiency of the way we do network performance engineering.
1. You'll be responsible to optimize clusters of cell sites as we upgrade our network towards 5G.
2. You’ll ensure network performance KPIs are meeting our targets, and are continuously improving.
3. You’ll troubleshoot network degradations, determine root causes, and look for ways to prevent or reduce the impact to our customers.
4. You’ll aid our client support teams for escalated issues that may require network engineering to resolve.
5. You’ll be exposed to the latest wireless technology innovation planned for, and be ready to support their launch from a performance management perspective.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
1. Bachelor degree in Engineering
2. 5+ years of relevant professional experience
3. Excellent knowledge of 3G, 4G and 5G radio access network performance and optimization: parameter/feature optimization, signaling analysis, mobility management, traffic balancing, and self-optimizing network (SON) features.
4. RAN equipment knowledge (ex., Samsung): parameters, capabilities and limitations of the hardware and software portfolio
5. Good wireless core network knowledge (VoLTE, EPC, IMS) and 5G technology roadmap
6. Proficient with the OSS call trace tools (ActixOne, Netscout)
1. Masters of Engineering or Computer Science
2. Data science expertise: data manipulation, statistical analysis, machine learning and automation
3. Familiar with SQL, SPLUNK, Python (or other scripting languages)
4. Advanced programming skills for automation and big data manipulation (Hadoop, SPLUNK, Python, SQL, Tableau)
5. Machine learning experience or certifications