Senior Software Engineer
You’ll be a key player on a team at the center of a project transforming a country-wide software system used by a major program within Canada’s biggest retail company. Bring your fast-thinking, high-communication approach to our team, and you’ll be accelerated and upskilled through in-depth training on cloud platforms, with a focus on doing things right: clean code, integrated commits, accountability for code reviews, API design patterns, and cloud-native architecture patterns.
This role will also play a key part in ramping our software delivery velocity by leveraging the latest microservices development patterns using containers and DevOps.
What You’ll Do:
What you Bring:
- Participating in project planning and solution proposals.
- Architecting, designing, and developing new features.
- Working with data structures, algorithms, and system design.
- Implementing high quality unit tests.
- Performing peer code review to meet program quality targets
- Identifying and diagnosing deficiencies related to systems, coding and infrastructure, and recommending solutions for mitigation.
- Using version control with GIT (both local and using cloud-based platforms like Bitbucket).
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in systems development and analysis with a focus on Java Development
- An understanding of development on distributed systems operating at scale
- Experience with:
- API creation and RESTful services
- Creating data models
- Relational and NoSQL database experience (MySQL, Oracle, DB2, etc)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with server-side languages, specifically Java 8+
- Knowledge and experience with server-side frameworks including Spring Boot and Hibernate