Department name: Business Management Applications
Business unit: TOPS
The BMA Enablement Team serves as a connector (of people and ideas) across the department to aid all leaders in making contextualized decisions. They ensure our stakeholders have transparency into BMA and drive alignment with the business units to confirm BMA is working on the top outcome-oriented initiatives. The Portfolio Planner will work closely with resources at all levels, including but not limited to: Executives, Directors, Program Managers, Stakeholders and Delivery team members. The Portfolio Planner supports the BMA Enablement team in reporting, analysis, administration, and presentations by ensuring an outcomes-focused approach is taken by asking “why” and “so what.”
The BMA Portfolio Planner supports the BMA Department by building effective tactical strategies for delivering reporting, strategy tactics, and enabling with the developing/managing intake & prioritization tactics to enable increased productivity.
With a solid understanding of the tool delivery and updates process, you will be expected to organize the intake and prioritization funnel. Balancing a series of tightly timed tasks is part of the job, as the work is fast paced and constantly changing.
A typical day
• Coordinate, plan, and develop Executive level reporting on operational initiatives following prescribed internal processes
• Compile data from multiple sources and analyze details to identify progress.
• Produce and publish reports to communicate progress.
• Assemble presentation material to be staged for all levels of the organization
• Ensure effective document management processes for multiple teams.
• Work with Information Technology teams, and other stakeholders as required to coordinate, plan and schedule reporting on proposed initiatives, including defining objectives, and identifying risks.
• Work effectively with team members to establish goals, work content, schedules, and facilitate team activities.
• Identify interdependencies, anticipate roadblocks, and prepare creative alternatives for successful task completion.
• Apply a continuous improvement mindset to the processes, data quality and delivery of effective reporting. Assist in the maintenance and evolution of the portfolio reporting tools and processes.
• Create, maintain, and distribute Portfolio reports to key stakeholders.
• Ability to see and communicate the big picture while continuing to understand the details.
• Create specific strategy action plans, timelines, and defined deliverables that support the organization of internal departmental messages, which help BMA shape culture, drive engagement, and deliver results
• Minimum of three (3) years in Portfolio/Project Coordination
• Expert level skills in PowerPoint and Excel are required
• Experience with Portfolio Planning Platforms (PPM)
• Experience working within a project and IT operational environment and an understanding of current project management methodologies/tools/techniques and their application to information technology initiatives.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities; demonstrated openness to change, flexibility, and adaptability.
• Solid analytical ability, consultative, problem solving and communication skills, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with internal and external customers while consistently producing high-quality deliverables.
• Proven ability to identify process gaps and initiate improvement opportunities.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Confidence with influencing all levels of the organization, exercising superior interpersonal skills
• Team player with high motivation and strong and efficient organizational skills
• Self-starter, able to work with general direction and exercise independent judgment
• Assertive when dealing with difficult, challenging situations and can deal with uncertainty
• Committed to doing the right things for the right reasons
• Embraces lifelong learning
• Deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity
• Able to quickly learn new business and technical concepts