· Experience in Mainframe DB2 DBA Administration.
· Should have sound knowledge in the following mainframe skills: COBOL, JCL, DB2, IMS, VSAM, SORT utilities, Sync Sort, File-AID, SPUFI, ISPF , CFI (File transfer) and SCM tools like Endevor.
· Ensure integrity, availability, and performance of DB2 database systems by providing technical support and maintenance.
· Extensive background with large - scale complex corporate DB2 environment
· Application DB2 performance tuning, partitioned tables, triggers and Stored Procedures , IMS issues
· Performance tuning by analyzing database and OS performance and implementing tuning and optimization recommendations
· DB2 audit tools
· DB2 HADR setup and disaster recovery technologies
· DB2 backup and restoration , Backups, restore, data masking, CFI of data from DB2 and IMS databases.
· Responsible for application database backups, reorgs, migration between environments.
· Maintain database security and disaster recovery procedures.
· Manage database logins and permissions for users
· Monitor databases regularly to check for any errors such as existing locks and failed updates.
· IBM DB2 pureScale
· Uses Change Control procedures for system changes that impact the DB2 database instances that support CICS, DB2 stored procedures or packages, or other environments, e.g. Batch job submission.
· Lead DB2 Application support for Disaster Recovery with the Outsourcer for database recovery with the outsourcers technical DBA ‘s
· Manage, review, and communicates database projects with the Application, Infrastructure, and Outsourcer. e.g., DB2 upgrade, or required changes with outsourcer.
· Support and assist End Users for proper access and database security.
· Support and maintain production to test database downloads.
· Handles Reporting Tool Admin and support issues, e.g. QMF.
· Should be flexible to work in 24*7 Shift
· Should provide on call support