The Functional Analyst is involved in opportunity analysis and solution design, development, implementation and validation. As part of an agile team, he or she is an expert in analysis and will work closely with the team members to share his/her expertise and achieve the team’s objectives. He or she will also work closely with business stakeholders and other specialist to enrich their analysis and understanding of the needs and current state of the systems.
Duration: 12 months
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Oversee the interpretation of high-level business needs through functional specifications, while ensuring communication with users.
- Synthesize a global view of a system and of development stakes through an understanding of the short and medium term business needs, counseling users by suggesting alternatives and setting out for them the constraints related to the philosophy of a system.
- Produce plans and detailed specifications which faithfully translate users’ requirements into solutions while respecting parameters and other established criteria; manage his/her own activities in order to carry out these plans.
- Design and test specific solutions, which meet functional and technical standards.
- Supports the business in the development of their business case.
- Commit to follow team’s ways of working and proactively look for ways to improve team performance
- Actively collaborate in team’s meetings, activities and deliverables with the courage to address difficult matters that would benefit the team
- Commit to coach others in your skills and expertise, and to expand your own knowledge and skills outside your specialty for the benefits of the team
- Respect team commitments, delivering quality work upon agreed standards at a suitable pace
- Supplies second level technical support in order to solve production problems and provide support according to established service levels.
- Adapts to changing technology, learning and applying new methods to achieve the organization's goals.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, administration, commerce or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in I.T. and 3 years as functional analyst
- Practical experience in agile software development (Scrum, Kanban)
- Solid experience in the implementation and evolution of client relationship management systems
- Knowledge of the financial sector an asset
- Project Management experience would be an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office tool suite
- Knowledge of Mendix Platforms would be an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 365 software would be an asset
- Knowledge and practical experience of application development methodologies and best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership, significant autonomy, sense of initiative and organization.
- Excellent analytical, documentation and problem-solving skills. Ability to generate a clear synthetic vision of a complex situation.
- Practical experience in task estimation.
- Ability to maintain a relationship of trust with business partners.
- Bilingualism and excellent verbal and written communication skills.