Role: Solution Architect
Key Responsibilities/Job Functions:
- Translate business requirements to technical requirements through mapping, analysis and management of traceability
- Lead the solution options analysis and provide an optimal recommendation that meets the requirements in functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, cost, timeline and support.
- E2E service impact assessment
- Lead the development of the End to End network requirements and feasibility analysis for new and modified services and products
- Lead the team in developing and producing suitable End to End Solution Design that meets the requirements for new and modified services
- Able to review, understand and enforce implementation of 3GPP and other relevant standards, during Solution design phase.
- Ensure disciplined, methodical and professional design process execution on a consistent basis.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams such as Product Development, Engineering, Implementation, IT, and Operations to ensure effective planning, design and implementation and hand-over between departments.
- Identify and devise new and novel approaches and methodologies relative to established guidelines to manage technical, product, or business risks.
- Manage Vendors to design, deploy, and integrate their portion of the solution, including RFP/RFI development and evaluation, reviewing quotes and scope of work documents, requirements and design specifications, acceptance test plans and test results.
- Be aware and adhere to all applicable Health and Safety regulations, in accordance with legislation and related Company policy.
Experience and Education Preferred:
- Minimum ten years of technical experience in Telecom
- Education: graduate or undergraduate university degree in electrical/computer engineering. Major in telecommunications is an asset
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills
- Capable to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of various factors in order to determine all options and arrive at the best solution
- Creative and effective decision making to solve problems/achieve results
- Ability to identify and analyze network resources required to deliver the requires service,
- Expert knowledge of IMS framework and services
- Expert knowledge of Packet core, preferable Ericsson Packet Core including: MME, SGW, PGW, HSS/HLR/CUDB, SAPC
- Expert knowledge of 4G and 5G Wireless core and radio access networks
- Expert Knowledge of 5G services including MEC and Network Slicing
- Knowledge of wireline access domains – GPON, DOCSIS
- Knowledge of IOT, M2M, Massive IOT, CAT-M1, NB-IOT
- Knowledge of virtualization and cloud computing, VNF, CNF, Kubernetes, Orchestration, NFVI.
- Knowledgeable of Telecom Industry standards and forums, such as 3GPP, GSMA, OMA, ITU-T, IETF, Cable Labs, Packet Cable, SCTE
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and related protocols as well as routing protocols (BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS)
- Knowledge of DHCP, DNS, NTP, TOD, TFTP, HTTP, POP3, SMTP, NNTP protocols
TCP/IP (3), VOICE (3), TELECOMMUNICATIONS (5), VOIP (3)
RAN (1), VMWARE (2)