Role: Optical Transport Engineer
What you will be doing
· Completing lab certifications/evaluation of optical equipment and engineering projects on your own.
· Analyze and evaluate optical hardware/software.
· Engineering support for problem cases in commercial network, lab replication of the field issues, interoperability testing.
· Support vendor negotiation during tenders.
· Assisting with transport the ongoing engineering projects.
· Technical writing and editing.
· Optimize Optical transport network.
· Assist decision-making on technical issues.
What you have….
· 5-10+ years Optical Transport Engineer exp. in the lab
· Engineering degree.
· Experience and knowledge of the optical industry.
· In depth understanding of Optical Networking (DWDM, OTN, SONET).
· Experience working in the lab with optical transport equipment.
· Familiarity with Ciena, Nokia, Fujitsu and/or Ribbon/ECI optical platforms a definite plus.
· Strong ability to complete varied engineering assignments with minimal supervision, particularly in the lab environment.
· Understanding of potential impacts of work on other areas and technological developments.
· Ability to remain current on technology industry and market trends.
· Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills – especially Excel modelling ability.
· Good presentation skills and ability to present information on technology matters.
· Ability to work effectively within teams and independently.
EXCEL (5), SONET (5), TELECOMMUNICATIONS (5), DWDM (5)
DATA MODELLING - LOGICAL (3)