Role purpose – to contribute to growth of the Americas region by identifying product, network and market proposition investments that will accelerate the achievement of the sales and revenue plan. Working closely with the sales organization, customers, analysts and industry partners, this role will be a key contributor and champion for the evolution of our go-to-market strategy for the Americas. The individual will represent the Americas region across key internal groups including Product, Vendor Management and Networks & Engineering, as well as being sought after as an expert for our customer community.
Reporting to the VP of our Customer Solutioning Specialists, and closely aligned with our Product & Technology, Network Engineering, Field Operations, and Sales leadership teams, you will represent the technology merits and breadth of the Telstra Americas and International network to our customers and prospects. You will support strategic network and technology sales opportunities and evangelize our current global network infrastructure, future product roadmaps and new network architectures.
Collaborating with our product marketing and network engineering organizations you will engage and influence a varied audience utilizing your dynamic and engaging communication and presentation skills to identify the vision, strategy, and differentiated value we bring to our go to market sales teams, current customers and future prospects. You will act as a thought leader within the Telstra Americas organization to help customers and future prospects understand how to utilize the power of our network to satisfy their global infrastructure demands.
• Lead Telstra engagement into Networks & Engineering for the Americas region as it relates to capacity management planning and allocation. Ensuring our sales organization has access to the right information to chase sales opportunities in the market.
• Contribute to Americas Network Strategy 2.0, focused on the market-led expansion of our network presence across Canada, USA and nominated Latin America markets. Own agreed deliverables as part of the execution of this program.
• Establish mechanism to capture and report on unmet customer demand to identify possibilities for product/network/market proposition investments.
• Contribute to the development of business case submissions as the Technology lead, working alongside the Commercial team and other key stakeholder groups.
• Maintain a current and good understanding of our partner capabilities that may contribute to achievement of this mission.
• Define & drive modern network architecture standards throughout the organization.
\ • Develop architectural designs with an emphasis on next generation Wide Area and Edge computing networks to support Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure and Software-Defined network deployments that drive consistent repeatable results across the network
• Support the growing enterprise business demands for a Software-Defined Network through use of SD-WAN products and services that builds a highly reliable and scalable global network supporting the digital transformation of a global company.
• Drive the transformation of legacy services to contemporary solutions using software defined networks, virtualization, automation, orchestration, segmentation and edge compute/intelligence.
• Develop compelling business cases around problems, risks, benefits and business outcomes with the financial justification required to execute.
• Develop network solutions that meet or exceed cyber security, compliance, and regulatory requirements of the business and our customers
• Drive network optimization and automation opportunities, helping operations teams with rollout and upgrade plans and providing expert advice during all important ‘Go-Live’ activities of new network deployments.
• Participate in large scale, multi-functional projects, including product development, merger and acquisition and divestiture activities, with an open and creative mindset focused on delivering business outcomes.
• Act as a trusted advisor with businesses, internal teams, supplier partners, end-users, and solution providers to ensure processes and tools are in place
• 15+ years of industry experience acting as an industry thought leader within the telecommunications, data networking, and/or cloud computing space.
• Industry expertise and experience selling with/to/through International, domestic, or wholesale telecommunications carriers, dark fiber providers, and equipment vendors.
• Outstanding and effective presentation skills to both technical and C level executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
• Masters Degree in telecommunications, computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred.
• Cisco vEdge, cEdge, Meraki and Juniper QFX, EX and MX, and Velocloud experience is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective time management skills and customer focus