We’re looking for a pro-active and fast-learning intermediate/senior Full-Stack Developer with knowledge on Observability & will work in a team environment to develop one of our app/server monitoring systems. The right individual is talented and informed and would enjoy the challenge of applying their ability to transform a high-metrics consuming system to make a significant and lasting impact for Canadians across the country every day.
You’ll be a key player on a team at the center of a project improving & monitoring a country-wide software system used by a major program within Canada’s biggest retail company. Bring your fast-thinking, high-communication approach to our team, and you’ll be accelerated and upskilled through in-depth training on observability tools, cloud platforms, with a focus on doing things right: clean code, integrated commits, accountability for code reviews, API design patterns, and cloud-native architecture patterns.
This role will also play a key part in ramping our application monitoring and delivery velocity by using the latest microservices development patterns using containers and DevOps.
Responsibilities will include:
• Capability to learn new tools like Splunk, Dynatrace, etc.
• Design and build Observable Systems and Monitoring Infrastructure consisting of: Events Logging, Prometheus Metrics, Distributed Tracing, Log Stream Processing.
• Ability to write custom collectors, create libraries and frameworks across a variety of languages to easily build monitoring into services other teams build.
• Performing peer code review to meet program quality targets.
• Diagnosing deficiencies related to systems, coding and infrastructure, and recommending solutions for mitigation.
• Works on Version Control(git), package management(maven) and documentation
• Collaborate with experts in infrastructure, security and product engineering and ensure that all aspects of the production infrastructure are accurately monitored and reported (alerting etc...)
• Education/Other Requirements:
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a combination of equivalent experience with a college diploma
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in systems development and analysis with a focus on Full Stack Development
• An understanding of development on distributed systems scaled across hybrid cloud running at scale.
• Must Have
• Knowledge and experience with server-side frameworks including Spring Boot and Hibernate
API creation and RESTful services
Creating data models
Demonstrated knowledge and experience with server-side languages, specifically Java 8+
Relational and NoSQL database experience (MySQL, Oracle, DB2, etc.)
Google cloud knowledge – GCP (Google Cloud Platform), GKE, Anthos, Stackdriver etc.
Kubernetes and deploy images from registry to cloud servers.
MQ (Message Queueing) - Pub/Sub, Kafka.
• Good to Have
• PowerShell, Python or bash on both Linux and Windows
• Splunk, Dynatrace, ELK etc