Activity A: Support and Management (25 - 50%)
• Work in a multi-disciplinary technical team to identify/isolate problems, review and
prioritize solutions, and implement and evaluate these solutions within the change
management process as defined by the department.
• Supports and coordinates all aspects of program or project management, from
planning and scheduling through to the design, construction, commissioning and
close-out stages in accordance with set requirements.
• Coordinates and administers the implementation of program activities and/or
projects; providing technical guidance, fostering partnerships/collaborations with
key stakeholders to meet the Department's goals and objectives.
Activity B: Network Administration (25 - 50%)
• Support all components of the network topology and WAN. Provide a network
development system (where feasible) to pre-test and Q/A all network changes.
Evaluate and implement patches and updates with a focus on maintaining a current,
stable and vendor-supported environment. Perform routine network maintenance
and monitor error logs, etc., and maintain appropriate log books and other
• Liaises with external vendors on software and hardware updates, new product
initiatives, and other systems related information.
Activity C: LAN Administration (25 - 50%)
• Support all components of the LAN (file and print servers, Network Operating
Systems). Evaluate and implement patches and updates with a focus on maintaining
a current, stable and vendor-supported environment. Establish, document and
maintain appropriate system configuration (i.e. login scripts, print servers)
Activity D: System Security (0 - 5%)
• Formulate and implement plans regarding the access of hospital personnel to the
hospital’s application servers. Monitor illegal access and notify the hospital of
breaches of access based on corporate security policies and procedures.
Activity E: Application and/or Technical Projects (10 - 20%)
• Provide technical representation on application projects and architect technical
solutions that meets the requirements of the business and the technical direction of
the hospital, taking into consideration security, availability, redundancy, etc.
Activity F: Project Management: 0 – 75 (%)
• Manage both individual and team projects without direct supervision. Complete
proposals and cost/benefit analysis and define project scope. Determine resource
Activity G: Training/Mentoring: 10 – 20 (%)
• Work towards mastering tools and technology supported and used by the Hospital.
Pursue self-development on current industry standards and credentials. Write
training material and conduct training sessions.
Activity H: Group Leadership 10 – 50 (%)
• Participate in the recruitment, selection and orientation of new staff members.
Ensure the technical knowledge base of members of the technical system analysts is
kept current and up to date either through training courses or hands on
opportunities. Delegate workload to individuals or groups for projects assigned or
service requests issued.
• Community College Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or other
equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Industry certification or equivalent experience;
• Fice (5) to seven (7) years of relevant experience
• Extensive hands-on experience with Cisco Enterprise class switching/routing equipment
(e.g. 6500/Sup720; 3850, etc.), Cisco IOS and QoS;
• Knowledge and experience of content switching and load balancing equipment;
• Experience with firewall administration and installations;
• High degree of technical skill in Wide Area Networking;
• Considerable knowledge and experience (4-6 years) with RF technology and 802.11 Wi-
Fi wireless networking;
• High degree of technical skill in state of the art communications networks (hardware,
operating systems, communications and support services);
• Extensive experience with network protocols and components;
• Ability to provide guidance and effectively coordinate the work of other technical
• Solid project management skills with 10 years of experience;
c. Preferred Qualifications
• PMP Certification;
• Previous experience with Cisco ASA and FWSM firewall administration;
• Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification;
• Knowledge and/or experience of Cisco content switching and load balancing
• Experience with the implementation and support of the Aruba Wireless products;
• An understanding and practice in systems development methodologies and processes;
• ITIL v3 foundation knowledge and certification;
• Experience dealing with eHealth Ontario;
• Experience designing and architecting networking solutions to meet ongoing business