Activity A: Application Server Support: 25 – 55 (%)
• Support both the application server platforms and the operating systems. Work in a
multi-disciplinary technical team to identify/isolate problems, review and prioritize
solutions, and implement and evaluate these solutions within the change
management process as defined by the development.
• Leads technology reviews and ensures required levels of service are provided in
accordance with established standards and procedures.
Activity B: Application Server Management: 0 – 10 (%)
• Develop policy and procedures for the administration and operation of the servers
and services. Maintain the documentation based on hospital documentation
standards. Maintain and report on current resource consumption / utilization and
response time to augment the efficient utilization of the computerized resources.
Formulate a contingency plan for the operating system hardware and software
elements which would address failures of short duration as well as disasters
resulting in severe loss of capabilities
• Assists in the development and monitoring of systems, structures, and practices
in place to meet quality control and quality assurance standards.
Activity C: System Security: 0 – 5 (%)
• Formulate and implement plans regarding the access of hospital personnel to the
hospital’s application servers. Monitor illegal access and notify the hospital of
breaches of access based on corporate security policies and procedures.
Activity D: Application Server Projects: 10 – 20 (%)
• Provide technical representation on application projects and architect technical
solutions that meets the requirements of the business and the technical direction of
the hospital, taking into consideration security, availability, redundancy, etc.
Activity E: Training / Mentoring: 0 - 10 (%)
• Work towards mastering tools and technology supported and used by the Hospital.
Pursue self-development on current industry standards and credentials. Write
training material and conduct training sessions.
• College diploma, University Degree or equivalent experience in a related field;
• Three (3) to Five (5) years relevant work experience
• Proficient in document creation such as Service Level Agreements and Transition
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system environments (server and
• In depth knowledge of current desktop and server hardware, software and networking
• Minimum of one Microsoft Windows Server certification within the last two years.
c. Preferred Qualifications
• Minimum of 1 year experience managing projects;
• Have knowledge of healthcare related systems and their interactions;
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy administration and
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server;
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server;
• In depth knowledge of McAfee ePO administration and implementation;
• In depth knowledge of Mobile Iron Server smart phone management technologies;
• In depth knowledge of Cisco Iron Port Secure Web & Email Gateway appliances;
• In depth knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies;
• Knowledge of Citrix virtualization technology.