Activity A: Help Desk: 0 – 35 (%)
• Assist all employees with work related computer issues through the Help Desk
service. Determine and resolve issues in a timely and accurate manner. Effectively
communicate with other response groups.
Activity B: Call record Management and Quality Assurance: 0 – 50 (%)
• Ensure a five business day turnaround on installation of new hardware or software,
specifying client hardware or software requests.
Activity C: Support and install desktop systems: 0 – 100 (%)
• Troubleshoot, test, configure, install and repair hardware and software.
• Liaises with all relevant stakeholders to ensure proper functionality of the system,
software, databases, and equipment.
Activity D: Spec Desktop Systems: 0 – 100 (%)
• Assess proposed workstation requirements. Communicate standards for solutions to
the processing requirements and issue non-standard support memos as required.
Activity E: Hardware Software Control 0 – 100 (%)
• Prepare, and receive all software and hardware requests. Track and maintain
inventory of all software and hardware. Prepare and distribute hardware.
Activity F: Projects 10 - 20 (%)
• Manage projects with defined timelines. Update manager on status.
Provides project/program management support including conceptualizing, work planning,
resourcing and evaluating various projects.
Activity G: Project Management: 10 – 30 (%)
• Liaises and fosters positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders,
such as ensuring the business and regulatory compliance needs of the Branch are
met, and working with contractors, vendors and suppliers on maintenance, updates
and support contracts.
• Manages or assists with project management responsibilities, such as ensuring
timely delivery of products and services by tracking project activities, timelines and
• Manage both individual and team projects without direct supervision. Complete
proposals and cost/benefit analysis and define project scope. Determine resource
Activity F: Training / Mentoring 0 – 10 (%)
• Work towards mastering tools and technology supported by the Help Desk. Pursue
self-development on current industry standards and credentials.
Activity I: Group Leadership 0 – 10 (%)
• Schedule, delegate and monitor work assignments in response to and in accordance
with the level of severity and service level agreements, drawing on years of
knowledge and management/organizational skills.
• College diploma, University Degree or equivalent experience in a related field;
• Three (3) to Five (5) years experience in a computer technical environment;
• Experience in IT supply chain procedures and processes;
• Team player with demonstrated commitment to service excellence;
• Help Desk best practices;
• Knowledge of Help Desk Problem Management Software;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system environments;
• Knowledge of current microcomputer hardware, software and networking
• Experience in computer hardware support services / technology and network
• Good project management skills (planning, developing, leading, directing and