Our Client in Vancouver is looking for a Network Specialist for an initial 12 month Contract:
• Delivery of contracted managed LAN/WLAN.
• Provide troubleshooting and configuration management of networked equipment.
• Identify and analyze the root causes of performance breakdowns and recommend solutions.
• Conduct and report on pro-active maintenance routines.
• Network upgrades and enhancements.
• Produce necessary documentations for the managed network environment. This may include network diagrams, method of procedures, mitigation plan, etc.
Qualifications - Required Knowledge:
Good understanding of the requirements needed to maintain, design and manage network data systems and their peripherals, including Wireless LAN technologies and related data systems.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse enterprise environment that includes LAN & Wireless LAN.
• Internetworking design and troubleshooting of Cisco LAN & Wireless LAN.
• Experience with Airmagnet and Ekahau survey tools is an asset.
• Experience and understanding of networking technologies including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, FHRP, etc.
• Knowledge of IP stack and packet decoding using protocol analyzers.
• Candidates must operate efficiently and effectively in a very interactive team environment.
• Proven ability to liaise with customers with the goal of effectively working with systems, building customer knowledge, review / taking ownership and/or explain major outages and trends, and assist in the development of action plans to eliminate future risk.
• Self-motivated and accountable for ensuring service levels are achieved / exceeded as per contractual obligations.
• Multi-Tasking with strong time management and ability to manage competing priorities.
• Ability to work: independently, extended hours, overtime, and after-hours providing on-call 7X24 coverage on a rotational basis. Ability to travel and work on-site at a customer location if required.
• In addition to demonstrated technical ability the candidate must have the ability to work at a business level with the following management abilities:
- Work with sophisticated clients through strong interpersonal skills.
- Work on teams in participative capacity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Minimum 7 years networking experience including 3 to 4 years with Wireless LAN (routing & switching)
• Minimum 3 to 4 years of Technical support (i.e. hands-on experience in performing installations, moves, adds, and changes)
• Foundational knowledge of Cisco LAN & Wireless LAN networking products
Must to skills:
1. Hands-on Implementation/troubleshoot/support experience with most commonly deployed Cisco Data Center networking products: Nexus 9K/7K/5K/2K, Catalyst
2. Operational knowledge of commonly used technologies & protocols in data center environments such as vPC/STP, LACP, FabricPath/VXLAN, VDC, HSRP,
OSPF/EIGRP/BGP, L2/L3 Multicast, DC QoS
3. Load Balancer/Application Delivery Controller implementation/troubleshoot/support experience - F5 BIG-IP LTM
4. Experience with networking tools – Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Cisco ISE (TACACS+ only), Splunk, Bluecat IPAM, Whatsup Gold, CA eHealth & Performance
5. Troubleshooting expertise for common Data Center networking issues
6. Deployment experience - lab testing, MOP creation, implementation, troubleshooting
7. CCNA/CCNP Data Center and/or CCNA/CCNP Routing & Switching certification or equivalent work experience
8. Customer facing skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
9. Ability to translate and communicate business opportunities into technical requirements
10. PC skills including Visio, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet
Nice to have skills:
1. Familiar with Cisco ACI networking
2. Familiar with network automation and programming – Python, REST APIs, JSON/XML, Ansible (Puppet/Chef/etc.), integrating systems via APIs
3. Familiar with Cisco ASA, Palo Alto firewall
4. Familiar with Cisco UCS, VMware environment, NetApp/EMC storage environment
5. CCNP/CCIE Data Center and/or CCNP/CCIE Routing & Switching certification
• ITIL certification