You will be a part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other seek problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practices in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
- Make endpoints for frontend apps and other backend services to use / write wrappers for other API developers
- Ability to track the workflow whenever it's needed.
- Identify code problems, build solutions and complete code reviews with other developers.
- Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary.
- Logging, error reporting and analytics.
- Reviewing accessibility as part of the development process.
- Collaborate with other teams to get technical requirements to develop a solution.
- Knowledge about database management and architecture (nice to have)
- Understand what technologies other teams are using.
- Work with designers to help them understand possible technical restrictions
- Familiar with Micro Service Architecture.
- Maintaining the best security, reliability and performance practices.
- Assist and rapidly test solutions for the team.
- Develop scalable solutions with performance and security in mind.
- Ensure cohesive experience across multiple devices.
- Responding to incident management calls 24/7 on a on-call schedule to identify production issues and provide resolutions
- Keep documentation up-to-date
- Provide constructive feedback in code reviews
- Actively seek to improve performance and reduce waste
Must to have skills:
- Experience in architecture of microservices
- Expertise in writing RESTful APIs
- Experience with incident management
- Experience using Node.js
- Familiarity with building and implementing unit and integration tests
- Willing to work, on occasion, with SOAP APIs
- Familiarity with security and authentication standards such as OAuth & JWT
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
1. 2-3+ years of Node.js development experience
2. 3+ years of API development (Express API preferred)
3. Github open-sourced/Repo
Nice to have skills:
1. Strong communication skills (previous dealings with stakeholders, cross-functional teams, etc.)
2. Previous experience in Agile and Scrum environments
3. Experience with microservices