The Software Developer will work with other Developers, Tech leads, Project and Product Managers throughout the software development life cycle.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Build and roll-out the next generation Design and Planning framework
• Produce clean, efficient code based on design specifications, software design patters and best practices
• Integrate software components and third-party programs
• Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
• Test and deploy implemented software
• Troubleshoot, fix, enhance, and refactor existing software code base
• Deploy software tools, processes and metrics
• Work with other Software Developers to learn and share
• Work with end-users directly to deliver on expectations
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
• 8+ years’ experience as a Software Developer
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
• Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
• Experience with databases (e.g Oracle) and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
• Advanced Linux/Windows user
• Ability to learn new languages and technologies
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
• Attention to detail
Career Opportunity: Senior Software Developer
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Developer in our Calgary Hopewell office. Reporting to the Manager, Video Services, the successful candidate will be accountable for the creation, maintenance and development of PPV and Channel Management Client tools.
• Developing, maintaining, testing, documenting and deploying software and tools related to Video Technology Client API platform
• Develop database software including stored procedures, exposing/extracting data, web services and reports
• Leading and participating in the planning and design of new applications and enhancements
• Troubleshooting, testing and resolving software issues
• Participate and lead the team software development methodologies, life cycle and best practices
• Provide input on design & software architecture
• Guiding and mentoring team members
• Various other related duties as required
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• A degree in Computer Science or P.Eng in Software Engineering from a recognized University
• 8+ years of experience in multiple programming disciplines.
• Experience with CSS and its extensions.
• Experience with Node.js is an asset.
• Experience with Docker is an asset.
• Experience with C#, MS SQL.
• Experience with multiple operating systems (Linux, Windows, etc.).
• Experience with Agile development methodologies.
• Ability to prioritize and manage work on critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical problem solving, and technical writing skills are required.
• Highly motivated, energetic, reliable and goal oriented.
• Must be a team player.
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
• Ability to function in a rapid paced dynamic environment.