To support its growth, Client is looking for a Senior Solution Architect to join the architecture team supporting Digital and Broadcast services owned by client (CTV, CraveTV, RDS, TMN, TSN, CTV News, and more). The candidate will play a key role in the design, development, and evolution of our video platforms allowing for the reusability of services across many brands within a multidisciplinary team.
The positions requirement includes the implementation of Agile Scrum development methodologies in research, analysis, development and deployment initiatives.
- Define system and application architecture based on business process analysis, business requirements post grooming sessions with the team.
- Defines a strategic architecture approach to develop systems and features. Creates technical diagrams such as Conceptual solution architecture diagram, class diagram, sequence diagram, component diagram, and message diagram, detailing the system and application architecture approach to the development team.
- Performs system reviews, coding and unit tests toward architecture diagrams and ensure the development/integration teams are working based on application or system architecture definition. Supports developers and integration teams on complex implementations and reviews. Update architecture diagrams in case actual development/deployment differs from the initial architecture approach
- Supports QA test strategy on features, making sure code and system coverage approach mimics business cases and are reflected in test cases.
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and determine ways to improve
- Guide the development and evolution of Digital and Broadcast systems
- Propose and establish a framework for necessary contributions from various departments
- Work with other technology teams in order to determine needs for new software, platforms and applications
- Utilize tools, technology and various methodologies to create functional and intuitive solutions for user interfaces of desired products
- Pay attention to system integration, sustainability and feasibility
- Manage all phases of technology development
- Guide and train developers and engineers
- Suggest and implement solutions for process improvement
- Adhere to all the requirements and guidelines for quality, security, extensibility etc.
- Define clear goals for all aspect of a project and manage their proper execution
Nice to have Qualifications/Competencies:
- Project management and leadership skills are essential
- Experience developing IT and cloud infrastructure
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- Professional Experience working with computer software and hardware
- Experience and/or training related to one or more Architecture & Service Delivery Frameworks (TOGAF, eTOM, ITIL, CoBiT, etc.); and Specializes in developing and designing large scale solutions, serving as an expert in technical architecture and delivery
- Experience designing Over The Top services (OTT)
- Ability to consult and build CI/CD DevOps Pipelines
- 3+ yrs scripting in infrastructure automation tool and supporting code deployment (Terraform & Ansible, Chef, Juju, AWS CloudFormation)
- 2+ yrs Container application design and implementation.
- 5+ yrs of public cloud (AWS, Azure, SoftLayer).
- 2 years of experience in writing unit and integration tests;
- Experience storage platforms
- Experience with broadcast distribution systems
- Experience with Streaming video knowledge (DASH, HLS, MSS)
- Experience in NoSQL databases (CouchDB, MongoDB)
- Experience using and/or developing on a Unix/Linux platform
- Strong time management skills and work ethic (highly motivated) to manage multiple projects/accountabilities
- Previous experience being part of steady Dev/Ops team
- Previous experience with Video transcoding (libav, ffmpeg, x264, x265, mpeg2)
- Previous experience with video content management systems