At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of empowering a healthier you! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Agile, Customer-centred, Caring, Teamwork - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 6,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
Reports to: Director, Enterprise Architect
Purpose of the Role: The Enterprise & Business Architect will report to the Director, Enterprise Architecture and will be involved in creating the business vision and strategy through effective enterprise architecture road maps and plans. They will develop models that describe the organization’s current state and recommendations for future state, providing architectural direction through to execution via TOGAF related artifacts. They will also provide comprehensive recommendations and direction through proficient understanding of infrastructure, software, data, systems engineering and business processes and define and execute standards and governance to optimise IT operations.
• A visionary for Information Technology
• Help establish and maintain the Enterprise Architecture Roadmap and associated strategic technology artifacts for the IT systems in support of LifeLabs’ business capabilities and ensure it is aligned with the strategic organization plans
• Evangelize and champion benefits of Enterprise Architecture to business and technical audiences.
• Validate, expand and refine the architecture models.
• Collaborate with a high performance team of IT architects.
• Collaborate with units within IT and provide a consensus-based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and synchronized with the ever-changing business needs.
• Work with various business and IT stakeholders to demonstrate and show business value of enterprise-wide shared infrastructure and of new strategic platforms being considered.
• Ensure the completeness (fitness for purpose) of the architecture.
• Understand and interpret requirements.
• Work within TOGAF based Enterprise Architecture framework, governance and processes appropriate for LifeLabs enterprise systems and SaaS environments.
• Concentrate on the elements that can add significant value to the organization without being too detail orientated in areas that add little value.
• Help develop and maintain policies, standards and guidelines that facilitate the selection, development, implementation and use of information technologies within the enterprise.
• Ensure new and existing program/project architecture are compliant with IT standards, policies and architectural plans.
• Document the architecture and related roadmaps and keep up-to-date as part of the architecture lifecycle.
Minimum Hiring Requirement
• 8 years general IT experience with an additional 5 years of experience in a technical architecture role.
• University degree relevant to Information Technology, or equivalent experience
• Strong knowledge of design and architectural patterns, IT standards and policies
• Experience of software development methodologies and structured approaches to system development
• Knowledge of infrastructure components, virtualization technologies, middleware / SOA and SaaS/Paas/IaaS solutions
• Knowledge of business analysis, business process, applications/systems engineering and data/information architectures