Our client is in need of a Marketing Manager 3 for an initial 12-month contract in Burnaby, BC.
1. Responsible for driving a high performing, highly engaged workforce through effective and measurable leadership activities including engagement and recognition, completion of quality performance process, knowledge transfer etc
2. Contribute to and influence the strategic planning process; applies economic, political, industry and marketplace knowledge to create profitable opportunities for the company. Clearly links business plan to strategic imperatives and corporate vision. Support and develop contingency plans for possible industry scenarios.
3. Support and communicate future vision & urgency for change. Influences organizational change within and across business units and departments.
4. Provide recommendations on anticipated business, community and strategic implications of business practices
5. Responsible and accountable for the end-to-end development of a marketing strategy campaign, program and/or initiative including the allocation of the budget and development of the ROI and KPIs.
6. Leverage command of market knowledge to build, secure alignment, and execute an integrated market(ing) strategy (including multiple programs – cross portfolio, cross channel, cross function)
7. Understand the competitive landscape to quantify the threat of competitive developments and identify appropriate action/responses by the client by working with a cross functional team.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA)
1. Analytical, verbal and written communication skills. Required Proficiency Level: Advanced
2. Proven ability to motivate and lead a team to performance excellence. Required Proficiency Level: Advanced
3. Demonstrate influence and strategy skills; planning, budget management, variance reporting; root cause analysis. Required Proficiency Level: Advanced
4. Proven ability to make strategic recommendations on gap closure initiatives, secure alignment and budget. Required Proficiency Level: Advanced
5. Confidently present ideas to senior leaders (VP and above). Required Proficiency Level: Advanced
6. Proven Risk management and conflict resolution skills. Required Proficiency Level: Advanced
University Degree. Related bachelor’s or master’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Post-secondary courses in Business, Marketing, Economics, or related subjects preferred.
Experience: 7 - 10 years of equivalent experience
5+ years progressive experience in Marketing and business management positions with proven success in leading teams. Telecom/industry experience and exposure to a variety of marketing roles would be beneficial. Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
Must have skills:
1. Marketing Background
2. Broad telecommunications industry knowledge and experience a plus
3. Strong frontline level perspectives and understanding of the end user UX with excellent verbal and written communication skills
4. Clear articulation of concepts and storylines through various mediums, especially Google Slides and Docs
5. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build strong working relationships
6. Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple initiatives and prioritize effectively
Nice to have skills:
1. Project Management / organizational skills an asset
2. Empathy and an understanding of situational leadership
3. Fluid story telling narrative skills
4. Experience managing programs/partnerships and or initiatives
5. General passion for technology and Data Analytics
6. Knowledge in SQL
7. Multi-Lingual – Mandarin/ French is an asset