Tier2 RAN Expert Job Description
At least 10 years experience in operating, configuring and troubleshooting at a Tier 2 level UTRAN / eUTRAN networks end to end, including transmission and site support equipment. Specific platforms of experience to include:
- Strong knowledge of 5G, LTE and 3G UMTS technologies, including Troubleshooting, integration and commissioning
- Strong knowledge of 3G UMTS, 4G LTE and 5G signalling
- Nokia RNC: IPA-2600 & mcRNC
- Nokia nodeB / enodeB /gNodeB : Flexi, Airscale, Flexi Zone (Small Cells)
- Nokia OMS: SA-OMS, iOMS
- Nokia EMSs: Netact (specifically CM Manager & Reporting Suite), and also log collection platform Megamon and Megaplexer
- Capable of extracting and analysing the 3G and LTE logs for detailed troubleshooting using any of the tracing tools preferably ISA. TrueCall, Polystar, and Emil Trace viewer
- Experience with any backhaul monitoring system to cover both Microwave and IP MPLS is an asset (NSP, Cisco Prime, NSP, EPNM, ExFo, Amdocs MBH, InfoVista and …)
- Good understanding of the Network and HW KPIs and Counters for both LTE and 3G UMTS
Good working knowledge of principles covering RF (both cellular & point-to-point communication), Software Management, external alarms, power supply management with cell sites.
Good knowledge and experience in defining the vendor/ network SLAs and documenting the processes
Candidate should be able to follow up with the Engineering team and work with them on low level design and LAB testing for multiple on-going projects
Experience dealing with vendors for complex software / hardware faults as well as new software testing and deployment.
Available for 24x7 On Call rotational duties.
Available for rotational night work activities.
Good communication skills, an ability to work well under pressure and condensed timelines.
Must be a self-starter, willing and able to work in a fast paced environment and within a steep learning curve.