Our client is in need of a Vendor Manager 3 for an initial 4-month engagement with possibility to extend in Vancouver, BC.
The Vendor Manager is accountable for a portfolio of assigned vendors with a primary expectation to: deliver on vendor negotiations driving value for money; execute sourcing strategies; spend category intelligence and analytics; contract negotiation, drafting and administration; and perform ongoing vendor performance monitoring and evaluation.
• Solid understanding of negotiation theory, strategies and practices
• Rooted knowledge and experience relating to IT Software and hardware
• Good understanding of Strategic sourcing concepts and best practices, related to the procurement of IT products and services.
• Knowledge of financial principles and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements an asset
• Strategic Vendor Management subject-matter expertise in at least one of the following areas is an asset:
o Software licensing agreements
o Hosted Services or SaaS agreements
o Hardware agreements
Required Skills & Abilities:
• High degree of business ethics and accountability
• Strong business and financial acumen - including proven experience in structuring deals, drafting legal agreements, risk mitigation and skilled negotiations
• Ability to maintain perspective and confidence in face of difficult contract negotiations, tight deadlines and client expectations
• Ability to engage effectively with different levels of management and Vendor organizations to lead the management of the clients relationships with key strategic level vendors
• Excellent problem solving, and planning skills
• Spirited team player with the ability to work as a positive role model and catalyst for change
• Ability to foster and motivate cross functional team engagement when leading and negotiating transactions
• Competency with Microsoft office suite of tools, Google Suite, e-contract management and e-Sourcing tools an asset.
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• Bachelor degree in Business/Commerce, MBA, LLB, Engineering, or Supply Chain management preferred (equivalencies in experience considered)
• Professional designation in Supply Chain Management or equivalent preferred (PMAC SCMP / CPP, ISM) or equivalent) - Willingness to complete these designations as a part of your career development
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a related role (e.g. vendor manager, vendor relationship manager, strategic sourcing and supply chain professional, supply chain management professional)
• Experience structuring, writing, and editing legal contracts with large complex organizations
• Experience in management of long-term vendor relationships including providing feedback on performance metrics and deliverables over time is required
• Commodity management, logistics and supply chain management including procurement and extensive experience in competitive bidding processes including leading RFX processes end to end in highly organized, collaborative and successful fashion.
• Experience in the Telecommunications industry or engineering capacity an asset
Must have skills:
1. Contract Knowledge – Previous negotiation of contractual terms and conditions, understanding of risks and Legal engagement
2. Negotiation skills – with vendors for contract terms and internal stakeholders.
3. People’s skills – Must be able to reach out to different team members to identify source of truth, consolidate and analyze information.
4. Analytical skills – Require someone who can understand what information is required, obtain the information, and analyze best way forwards to deliver savings.
Nice to have skills:
1. Ability to navigate across different internal platforms to access information, raise requests, manage communication etc.
2. Google Suite management (G-sheets, G-Docs, G-Slides)
3. Previous experience using Ariba Contract Management