In our role, you'll ensure our customers' wireless experience continuously improves. Your "think outside of the box" and innovation will help shape our Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that team uses to govern our customers' wireless experience. Also, your data science and automation mindset will provide inputs to our tools team to improve the quality and efficiency of the way we do network performance engineering.
1. You'll be responsible to optimize clusters of cell sites as we upgrade our network towards 5G.
2. You’ll ensure network performance KPIs are meeting our targets, and are continuously improving.
3. You’ll troubleshoot network degradations, determine root causes, and look for ways to prevent or reduce the impact to our customers.
4. You’ll aid our client support teams for escalated issues that may require network engineering to resolve.
5. You’ll be exposed to the latest wireless technology innovation and be ready to support their launch from a performance management perspective.
Must to skills:
1. Bachelor degree in Engineering
2. 5+ years of relevant professional experience
3. Excellent knowledge of 3G, 4G and 5G radio access network performance and optimization: parameter/feature optimization, signaling analysis, mobility management, traffic balancing, and self-optimizing network (SON) features.
4. RAN equipment knowledge (ex., Samsung): parameters, capabilities and limitations of the hardware and software portfolio
5. Good wireless core network knowledge (VoLTE, EPC, IMS) and 5G technology roadmap
6. Proficient with the OSS call trace tools (ActixOne, Netscout)
Nice to have skills:
1. Masters of Engineering or Computer Science
2. Data science expertise: data manipulation, statistical analysis, machine learning and automation
3. Familiar with SQL, SPLUNK, Python (or other scripting languages)
4. Advanced programming skills for automation and big data manipulation (Hadoop, SPLUNK, Python, SQL, Tableau)
5. Machine learning experience or certifications