The Specialists responsibilities include:
• On site physical surveys and documentation of HFC platform equipment and connectivity
• Database updates and entry
• On site surveys and project reviews with stakeholders for project implementation
• Material Management
• Work order management and execution
• Installation of telecommunications equipment
• Accountable to oversee headend infrastructure augmentation (BDFB, Cable Infrastructure, etc)
• Headend optimization planning and implementation
• Provide technical support and troubleshooting for the implementation of access and core network deployments (Transport, IP Core, Spine & Leaf, etc)
• Collaborating with headend and wireless operational teams on project execution
• Beware and adhere to all applicable health and safety regulations, in accordance with legislation and related company policy
• Practical headend or data center experience
• Knowledge of all HFC & telecommunications inside plant design and construction practices
• Understanding of all analog, digital and network transport technology and systems
• 5 years of HFC and telecommunications or related network industry experience.
• Post-secondary education in Electronics or Telecommunications or equivalent industry experience.
• Autocad experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and the associated software.
• Familiar with standard computer hardware and interfaces.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Valid driver's license.
NOTE: Lots of fieldwork; travel; mix of field in office (75% of time at sites; do surveys of full site at various sites); Need their own car