As a Solutions Architect supporting our TELUS International Digital Solutions Managed AWS Services, you will demonstrate a strong knowledge and competency in Amazon Web Services (AWS). This position requires exceptional technical aptitude, leadership and customer interface skills. You will provide pre-sales support, solution design, advisory services and deliver/support AWS managed service solutions for customers with specific work towards monitoring, automation, optimization, compute, and configuration management. You will be required to participate in the after hours on-call rotation periodically with other team members.
• Ensure the TELUS International customer-first values are embodied in all client engagements
• Work in a team environment to achieve stated goals and objectives
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customer’s needs
• Responsible for creating standard operating procedure and process documents associated with the TELUS International Digital Solutions Managed AWS service
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services
• Ensure that proposed solutions integrate within the client’s overall IT environment and business strategy
• Retain responsibility for the clients' solution through implementation to operational readiness
• Participate in on-call support rotation and be available after-hours where escalation may be required
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required
Technical Skills Requirements:
The AWS Solution Architect should have the following AWS technical skills in order of priority:
1. Hands-on experience with AWS in a production or commercial setting.
2. Experience and deep understanding of core AWS services (e.g., EC2, EBS, RDS, Route 53, CloudFront, S3, IAM, VPC, etc.)
3. Experience with managing Windows (2012, 2016, 2019) and Linux (SUSE, CentOS, Red Hat) server instances.
4. Strong working knowledge of CloudFormation and associated tools.
5. Strong troubleshooting skills and familiarity with common Linux troubleshooting tools (vmstat, iostat, lsof, strace, etc.)
6. Using AWS connectivity and migration services such as VPNs, Direct Connect, CloudEndure, AWS Server Migration Service, Storage Gateway, etc.
7. Exposure to storage technologies (SAN, NAS, iSCSI, FC, RAID)
8. Exposure to security concepts / best practices
9. Consultancy experience working with multiple customers
10. Experience with programming / scripting (i.e. Bash, VB, PowerShell, C#, Ruby, Python, Node.JS)
11. Exposure to Hybrid IT environments
12. Experience with Git/CodeCommit and DevOps concepts.
13. Configuring and extending Active Directory into AWS.
14. Knowledge and application of serverless principles, i.e., AWS Lambda or the Serverless framework.
15. Database experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
In addition to technical skills, the qualified AWS Solutions Architect must demonstrate the use of management skills (e.g. communications, time management, understanding sales process). The combination of technology skills and customer-facing competencies result in individuals that are capable of complex solution/business consulting.
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• AWS Certified Solution Architect, SysOps or Developer - Associate level (Professional level certification an asset)
• Azure or GCP certification is desired but not required
• 10+ years of related work experience in the IT industry in systems administration/operations, solution development, consulting or client- facing technical roles
• Minimum 3 years of specific experience developing, implementing and supporting AWS Cloud solutions
• Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent