Our client is in need of a Project Manager 2 for an initial 12-month contract in Vancouver, BC.
You will be a customer facing project manager responsible for delivering complex wireless and wireline IoT related network solutions. Projects range from small to large scale deployments (e.g. corporate and government clients) in a dynamic, cross functional / multi-vendor environment. Working alongside sales/account management and customer facing solution architects, the project manager is responsible for quality customer relationships during the project life cycle including successful transition to post-implementation support teams.
- Manage a portfolio of projects simultaneously and of varying complexity.
- Provides overall direction to the formulation, development, implementation and delivery of cross functional/multi-vendor projects.
- Plans and manages all aspects of a project including, but not limited to, scope, timeline, execution, and budget comprising multiple sub-projects and tasks.
- Evaluates project deliverable changes and determines their impact on related and interdependent tasks and projects.
- Develops, monitors and controls a detailed project plan for larger scale projects.
- Conducts status reviews with team leaders and management.
- Identifies variances and initiates corrective action to stay on target.
- Engages appropriate teams to ensure resolution of all business and technical issues.
- Identifies and manages risks associated with the project.
- Develops and executes contingency plans.
- Negotiates changes in scope, budget or calendar with customer and/or management.
- Performs analysis of schedule, resource management, costs and task completion.
- Maintains effective communication of status with customer, management, and the team.
- Participates in team initiatives for process development/improvement and education of our partner teams (sales, account management, cross functional technical teams).
- Supports product managers, business analysts and operational teams with network builds or customer onboarding process development.
Must have skills and experience:
- 5+ years of project management experience with mid to large scale projects.
- Knowledge and experience delivering projects with cellular/wireless and wireline network infrastructure technology.
- Experience delivering to high-end, large scale corporate clients.
- Experience with change management/control.
- Experience with process development/improvement.