Senior Brand Manager, Connected Home
We are looking for a passionate, disciplined integrated senior brand marketer with a track record of success and a desire to grow. You strive for great work that not only breaks through with innovative ideas, but helps deliver against business objectives. You come prepared with analytical and competitive facts, strategic thinking to support your recommendations, and are solutions oriented. You are able to prioritize and juggle many tasks at once, while always keeping the consumer front and centre.
We are looking for someone with strong comprehension of mass and targeted/performance based marketing. You have an aptitude for strategic thinking and leading insights driven creative. You are comfortable developing communication briefs, understanding media plans & their impact to the business, and comprehend the value they bring to the overall process. You are a self-starter who can work within a team environment, and participate in cross functional teams.
This individual will develop and lead/support execution of campaigns with the end goal of driving business results while improving key brand attributes. You will work closely with our Consumer Business Unit partners, Digital and Customer Experience teams, the broader Rogers Brand team, Legal, media and creative agency partners in order to bring winning campaigns to market on brand, on time, and on budget. This person is a natural “networker”, and ultimate team-player.
WHAT YOU'LLBE DOING:
• Supervise the team leading the creation, development and execution of integrated mass campaigns targeting both customers and non-customers
• Brief, develop, and implement “always on” targeted campaigns that get the right message to the right customer at the right time.
• Translate brand strategies, positioning and customer insights into a strategic brief that leads to inspirational concepts and tactics that deliver on business objectives
• Work in close partnership with Consumer Insights on ongoing Brand Tracking and adhoc research to ensure delivery of KPIs as well as generating relevant insights for Campaign development
• Responsible for the brand’s voice, personality and guidelines across all platforms
• Work closely with the Rogers roster of agency partners
• Lead the setting of annual and quarterly planning cycles, including objectives, key performance indicators, and provide performance monitoring in collaboration with internal stakeholders
• Collaborate with internal leads to ensure brand consistency in all communication pieces, including retail, Rogers.com, etc.
• Leverage data and insights, to optimize current programs and plan for future initiatives.
Manage talent and promote employee engagement
• Manage a team of three employees
• Recruit and develop the best talent
• Coach and train members of the entire Rogers team in terms of brand expertise and best practices
Budget management and planning
• Oversee budget planning and management to ensure optimal effectiveness of resources.
• Contribute to the elaboration of yearly brand strategy and communications planning
• Ensure optimal output from agencies and oversee optimal staffing and operating budgets.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
• University degree, preferably in marketing or communications.
• At least 7 to 10 years of experience in the field of marketing/brand marketing with recognized ability in developing strategies and deploying 360 marketing campaigns.
• Excellent thoroughness and organization; able to manage a large number of projects simultaneously.
• Strong communication skills; able to establish relationships and to influence.
• Recognized ability in working as part of a team.
• Experience managing an internal team (stakeholders, direct reports) and external agencies (media, creative, etc.)