The Product Manager– is responsible for all aspects of product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: ensuring client facing user requirements are gathered and prioritized, defining the product vision and working closely with sister teams, global ITS/third party providers, global functions, Clients and member firms to ensure value delivery and user adoption objectives are achieved. The Product Owner also ensures that the product supports the firm’s overall strategy and goals.
What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Collaborates with Tax Partners, ITS, and other strategic partners across the firm to develop a roadmap for product development, working in close collaboration with the product owner
- Owns, and executes product roadmap
- Works closely with stakeholders across the organization to build the detailed product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization
- Works with cross-functional teams including Front-End, Back-End, and Machine Learning Developers, as well as various stakeholders, including design/user experience, engineering, and user enablement to ensure successful execution
- Works in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Participates in daily scrums to ensure development progress aligns with product objectives for the business
- Works with user-focused departments to define the self-service user experience, support, and monitoring for customers
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment
- 3+ years product and/or service management experience, with an ability to oversee and drive multiple projects
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills. The candidate should have existing (or be able to quickly establish) strong relationships with stakeholder individuals and groups at all levels across company.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills, including the ability to translate metrics and analytics into actionable information
- Strong knowledge of SDLC and prior success in working with development teams; technical capability and a track record in software development combined with experience in the leadership of software development teams and delivery of projects within a software development environment
- Hand’s on experience with developing product roadmaps, defining priority projects to drive product innovation and updates, including plans for how projects will be sequenced and delivered
- Proficient in productivity applications – e.g. Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Educated to graduate level. Post graduate qualification in an information science and/or business qualification preferred but not essential
- Familiarity with technical tax issues, accounting standards, and emerging technologies as well as building technology in a tax environment seen as an asset