The 5G Slicing & Services Orchestration team is looking for a Senior Software Architect to support our cloud transformation strategy. You will lead our development team in the application of hybrid-multi-cloud orchestration technologies and cloud-native best practices to ensure our 5G competitive differentiation. As Senior Software Architect, you will be responsible as a technology leader to drive design and architecture decisions that accelerate our hybrid-multi-cloud network orchestration capabilities through a combination of collaborative in-house development, vendor buy and integration, and co-development initiatives with strategic partners such as Hyperscalers. Representing the 5G Slicing & Services Orchestration team, you will engage in collaborative E2E architecture strategy & solution ideation forums that support innovative 5G services enablement involving senior architecture teams from across the business such as Wireless Technology Strategy, Smart Core, IT, and BBM & IoT.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with an ability to communicate effectively to all levels of senior management are important. We are seeking a passionate and highly driven cloud-native architecture expert, a team player able to lead and collaborate effectively in a diverse and agile development setting.
· Cloud software architecture subject matter expert for the 5G Slicing & Services Orchestration team.
· Collaborate with product & development team to design, architect, and operationalize E2E 5G network service orchestration across hybrid-multi-cloud environments.
· Support vendor buy and co-development strategy as cloud architecture subject matter expert.
· Support API strategy as cloud architecture subject matter expert.
· Author solution design and architecture documents.
· Lead cloud architecture scalability, reliability, and security improvement initiatives.
· Promote adoption of cloud-native best practices across the team.
· Mentor and coach junior technical team members.
· Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Telecommunications Engineering degree.
· Experience facilitating decision outcomes with senior leadership regarding cloud architecture trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation.
· Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· Performance driven with a passion for clean and scalable architecture.
Key knowledge and experience:
· Minimum AWS, Azure and/or GCP certified solutions architect intermediate-level credential, senior-level credentials and/or additional specialty certifications ideal
· College or University Diploma, related STEM background or experience
· 10+ years of hands-on experience in Telecom Management solution development and technical leadership
· 10+ years of experience on Vendors’ Telecom and/or Open Source Management application
· 10+ years of experience in Telecom service domains (wireless 4G & 5G a plus)
· 5+ years of experience in a lead role in cloud migration projects of >40 VMs, larger projects preferred
· 5+ years of experience in Standards organization or Open Source projects an asset
· Experience with integration of cloud services with on-premise technologies
· Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements
· Experience in DevOps / SRE practice