Our client is in need of an IT Project Manager 3 for an initial 12-month contract in Burnaby, BC.
As a Project Manager we rely on you to continually build on the PM practice by injecting industry standards, templates, procedures and other methodology, to constantly improve quality and efficiency in service delivery.
You will primarily work with Ordering. Fulfillment, Activations and Assurance Directors as well as in collaboration with multiple cross functional teams.
You will be responsible for:
• Using your project management expertise, you will enable cross-functional teams to deliver on technology related initiatives.
• Work in partnership with business and I.T. partners to prioritize and structure execution plans for their respective projects in conjunction with cross-functional team deliverables.
• Using project management methodologies and concepts to drive meaningful project implementation.
• Lead change, promote innovation and engage others to implement optimal solutions.
• Delivering weekly, monthly & quarterly executive updates.
• Bring your thought leadership and best practices to push our team to continuously improve our project management rigor.
You bring the following:
o Have a passion for exploring innovative ideas and driving change
o Clearly understand the perspective of our customers
o Thrive in a fast-paced and continuously changing environment
o Are forward thinking and willing to try new ideas
o Driven to continuously learn new skills
You possess superior strategic planning, performance analysis, and program/project management skills
You acquired experience in working on projects intended to deliver solutions with wireless and wireline technologies
You have been exposed to software development projects intended to deliver solutions for the backend of the provisioning chain in the telecommunications or similar industry.
You have an extraordinary ability to build relationships, collaborate, and influence across multiple teams
You have experienced in working on projects in both waterfall and Agile approaches
You are self-motivated and can take decisive action by assessing risk-adjusted options and prioritization across a multiple of concurrent projects and workstreams
Excellent negotiation, and conflict resolution skills, including demonstrated ability to successfully manage with all forms of conflict (e.g. People, resourcing, priorities, circular dependencies)
Your demonstrated track record of success delivering excellent customer experiences at high levels of operational efficiency
Your real passion for working in a dynamic, high performance culture and for building, operating, and transforming new businesses
Your strong organization, presentation, and communications skills are second to none
Ability to think outside-of-the-box and implement contrarian ideas to standard practices entrenched in a traditional industry
Champion of project management best practices across all knowledge areas and highly skilled in change management
Ability to interpret corporate strategies and translate them into practical project plans
Provide guidance and ongoing support to team members throughout all critical program phases, including regular feedback and coaching
Must have skills:
1. Min 5 yrs. experience with software development projects intended to deliver solutions for the backend of the provisioning chain in the telecommunications, financial or IT departments
2. go to people willing to learn and show drive.
3. Experience with MS project, JIRA, SAP
Nice to have skills:
1. Computer Science, Engineering, or similar post-secondary degree or minimum of 5 years of project management experience
2. PMP, Agile certifications, Netcracker
3. Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Lean Six Sigma (LSS) certification an asset