Our Client is looking for a Brand Ambassador for a four-month contract in Lloydminster, AB.
You will be joining a high performing team, passionate and dedicated to delivering on the client’s #1 strategic investment – a world-class fibre optic network that will ensure speed and capacity for generations to come. The client is paving the path for access to future solutions like the connected home, smart cities, and the client’s Health applications. The PureFibre network, the #1 internet technology for speed and reliability, enables faster sharing, steadier streaming, clearer video chats and smoother gaming. The team is responsible for sharing the client’s PureFibre message in communities across Alberta and British Columbia. The client is seeking creative, flexible, and outgoing individuals who have a propensity for turning challenges into opportunities.
About the Role
1. Local Experiential Marketing Events. The coordinators will speak to current and potential customers about the products and services. This shift will include event set-up and tear down.
2. Door Warming. You will meet our customers, or potential customers, at their homes to deliver a gift and a message on behalf of the PureFibre team. For example, this may include a thank you and/or did you know note. This role does not include sales, but an opportunity to inform the public about the products & services.
This role requires access to a vehicle.
For the scope of this contract, you can expect up to 5 shifts a week, varying from 4-7.5 hours per day.
The number of hours required per week will be dependent on project timelines (build schedule)
The successful candidates for this role will attend client events and/or door warming to deliver the client’s messaging and gifting. This will include:
o Pick up required collateral, swag, gifts or event equipment as required.
o On event, set up table or booth in accordance with the client’s brand standards. Throughout the event, engage with event attendees, sometimes actively searching them out. Help run any activations, take contest entries, etc. Post event, help break down the table/tent and return all materials as arranged.
o For door warming, you will engage in conversations with anyone who opens the door, following the direction given for that type of door warming, answering any questions and generally getting prospects and/or customers excited about PureFibre. While not selling, you will be asked to collect information.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Passionate about outstanding customer service and sales
• Passionate for technology
• Motivated to meet campaign KPI's and goals
• Self-starter, intrinsic motivations
• Excellent communication (written, verbal) skills
• Desire to "roll up your sleeves" to get things done
• Flexibility to work outside of a 9-5pm role if necessary
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• High school completion
• Some post-Secondary education (i.e. Marketing, Sales)