Description of Work:
Digital copywriters know their audience. They engage them through persuasive as well as accurate writing. As a digital copywriter, you’ll create the written content for website pages, social media and other direct response mediums. Your task will be to engage the reader and encourage them to do something, such as buy a productor service.
- Plan, draft and produce superior copy that tells stories, communicates values and presents information in helpful, fun and engaging ways
- Become knowledgeable about our products and audiences to create meaningful and actionable content that resonates with our key audiences/personas
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with marketing and creative experts, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives
- Collaborate with designers to conceptualize imagery, infographics and other illustrations to support the visual packaging of content
- Draw insights from data; create engaging content around those insights across a range of content platforms
- Follow a content calendar, collaborating with other members of the team to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Make smart copy recommendations for things like A/B testing in emails and on websites.
Key skills and areas of knowledge:
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills, including a keen eye for detail and flawless grammar
- Solid understanding of the sales funnel and how it influences copy
- Proven ability to develop effective, conversion-focused writing without losing sight of brand voice or personality
- Deep understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) strategies, demonstrated experience in SEO research and content creation
- Natural tendency to operate with a growth mindset
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a digital marketing or advertising position.
- 4+ years of experience developing writing concepts from strategy through presentation and execution as an integral part of design process
- Strong portfolio demonstrating that you are a tech-savvy writer who understands how to deliver clear, professional writing in an array of digital formats
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, best practices, and website analytics
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities
- Outstanding communication skills - written (obviously), but verbal too!
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in digital marketing
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, agile ecosystem and remote working environment