Print Operator Role
This position is responsible for satisfying customer requirements for colour, black & white
reprographics, and mainframe printing services within a single customer location.
Production of requested jobs on colour, black and white, large format & assorted finishing
In this role, the individual is responsible for performing printing and finishing operations / services in
the production process.
This position works with other members of the production team to facilitate quality control so the
Customer receives a perfect job. Assisting all customers in a manner that meets or exceeds expectations.
Establish and Maintain high levels of Customer Satisfaction
Determine output requirements, machine set-up, print and check proofs (may include scanning and
minimal document manipulation), run job, remove output and deliver output.
Perform maintenance and repair of high-frequency service call areas on specified equipment to
maximize customer uptime.
Clean reprographic, colour, hi-lite colour, wide format equipment and change supplies
Monitor and manage supplies
Record meter reads, process production forms and maintain records
Set up and operate various specialized finishing equipment and machines that cut, fold, gather and
finish brochures, magazines, books, business forms and other printed material
Operate binding equipment (e.g. paper cutters, inserter, laminating, and hole punchers)
Perform maintenance and repair to maximize customer uptime
Clean and maintain equipment
Driving is required:
This is an ASR/floater position so driving is required. How much driving will depend on coverage required.
Experience with the following equipment & software would be an asset
• B&W and colour printer
• Paper cutter
• Paper drill
• Large format print & finishing equipment
• Able to operate large centralized digital equipment
• Able to detect production inconsistencies and quality issues
• Experience in finishing environment, operating finishing /binding equipment
• Math skills (multiplication, division, percentages)
• Operation of PC applications in networked environment
• Able to lift and move 50 pounds
• Able to read, write and follow instructions
• Listen, understand and communicate effectively
• Willingness to learn and take direction
• Able to work with others in a team atmosphere with minimal supervision